Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 15 of 15

Quote Originally Posted by daviddoran View Post
    I'm debating adding a second GTX 1080, or upgrading to a 1080 Ti. I'm running all my wow windows in a single 4k monitor, so it would seem that SLI might be the way to go. I have to keep the quality down to get the frames up, so I definitely need to upgrade somewhere. Probably be easier to find a second 1080, the Ti are gonna be out of stock for a while.
    The 1080 TI's are in stock on Nvidia's site as of 4/6/2017. They have been for the past few days - I got mine overnight last week:
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...e-gtx-1080-ti/ Not saying that's the way to go, but just FYI.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksome View Post
    The 1080 TI's are in stock on Nvidia's site as of 4/6/2017. They have been for the past few days - I got mine overnight last week:
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...e-gtx-1080-ti/ Not saying that's the way to go, but just FYI.
    If you're not already planning on water cooling them then highly recommend it. I have a couple 1080 TIs in SLI and with Nvidia's stock cooler they ran hot and loud. They end up throttling themselves.

I used a couple of EVGAs hybrid coolers and followed Gamers Nexus mod guide. ( https://youtu.be/TX0nQdCRE9Q ) Cheap and easy to install.

Attached Images Attached Images

I've always been a fan of third party cards, vs reference or "founders edition" but getting the aftermarket coolers seems like an interesting idea. I'd have to get a bigger case, cause I already have a 240 CPU water cooler, and only room for a 120 on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayley View Post
    I run a similar setup only mine is Watercooled and stupidly overclocked.. vroom vroom.

In WoW (only game I really mbox) when I played 15+ characters without SLI and running each card independently on a monitor (I only run 1440p, x3 monitors) I would experience a lot of weird slowdowns and what I called 'hiccups' where it would freeze for half a second then catch up. Using that nifty HWinfo program it showed the GPUs (980ti's x3) randomly hitting their limit (core load, memory usage) which caused the stuttering.

Turned on SLI and everything smoothed out and i'm hitting my cap of 60fps with no issues. Saw no benefit of 144fps in a game like WoW haha.. it's not that competitive..
    ANYWHO. I'm in Dalaran right now, 15 characters spamming spells.. the area is packed and my GPUs in SLI are showing a 38% memory usage and a core/bus load of under 14%. Which is sweet FA. My advice is to buy ALL THE VIDEO CARDS!

I am just smitten with jealousy over your setup Kayley.... I take 5 toons into Dal and the hiccups begin follow breaks, keyboards fly... It just goes to crap asap for me at that point.

+1 for the hybrid coolers on the stock reference card.

I moved the hybrid cooler from my 980 TI kit to the 1080 ti and it's nice to be at 35 C underload.