Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default How do you kill a Wow instance started by ISboxer?

If no one has a quick answer can ask on their forums but I know it's a very popular MB program and someone here might know.

It doesn't happen that often but sometimes I'll have a wow instance hang on me. No biggie.....except I can't kill it. Not even task manager will allow me to kill it. Rebooting is the only thing that makes the hung instance go away.

Anyone else have this experience and familiar with a quick fix?

We also have a Discord server if you just have a quick question. https://discord.gg/JfDQ8qT

There's nothing in Inner Space or ISBoxer that prevents Task Manager from killing an instance of WoW, you may have a driver issue or something on your system if this does not work... All the rest of us need to do is open Task Manager, click the "Show processes from all users" if needed (this elevates Task Manager to Administrator) and then select it and click End Task.

Inner Space also can do it. Right click Inner Space and select Console. This will open a Console window in the main Inner Space program ("Uplink"). In this console you can list processes it is active in by entering the command "sessions" with no quotes. If you know the name of the WoW instance, e.g. "is1" "is2" "is3" you can just enter the command "kill is1" or "kill is2" and so on.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Actually as soon as I posted this I had a thought to try it from Dos.

C:>Tasklist
    C:\>Taskkill /PID XXXXX /F

That did the trick but no way no how could I do it from the gui and my account is the default admin for the PC.

I will try the IS console option next time though, thanks!