Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 34

Default What's the most effectrive comp right now?

I’ve heard that you can now turn WoW tokens into BNet credits so I’m thinking of returning to WoW. But the only way I’ll play the game is if I’m boxing and starting over. I used to favor mixed teams but I’m assembling the most effective team this time. My quick research tells me 5x hunters or 5x prot pallies. Are their comps that are more effective than these two, I little bit prefer hunters but pallies are okay too I guess. Thanks!

Well from what I see, and hear from others. 5xTanks for mythics and 5xHunters for fun and farming.

I have been 5x prot paladin for awhile and they can do everything. I started on a 5x hunter team just because stuff takes so long to kill, my paladin team can do high mythics just not within the timer.

Same dilemma as John Gabriel. 5 Paladins are very strong and you feel like a tank in everything you do. The kill speed is a bit sluggish though.

Hunters are appealing because they have tons of burst, just no healing. So encounters need to finish quickly for it to be effective.

I think they are both able to push close to the same boundaries. DK's are also effective as well if you throw in a Paladin.
    Bleeding Hollow - Horde

Yeah I agree that hunters are probably as strong as pallies.

It's basically a choice between two playstyles:

1. Ignore many mechanics by being almost unkillable.

2. Ignore many mechanics by killing them first.

While I agree that that all hunters or all tanks are most likely the comps that will allow most people to clear the content they want to without too much trouble, the top performing team that I've seen, as far as M+ progression, is actually a mixed trinity setup. An Australian boxer going by Chibilukina is running 3x BM Hunter, 1x Guardian Druid, 1x Resto Druid and is able to clear up to +15s, within the timer. I doubt any other DPS is nearly as viable a hunters, healers and tank are more or less down to preference in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    An Australian boxer going by Chibilukina is running 3x BM Hunter, 1x Guardian Druid, 1x Resto Druid and is able to clear up to +15s, within the timer.
    I'm more interested in what he can clear now since the patch. Our guild Blood DK was getting one shot on the first boss in HoV on mythic 4 - it was crazy!
    My channel Split-personality Gaming on youtube.. not much new there atm https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7l...CvnedY3v55ncXQ

as was said above 5x prot pally are fun and easy but it takes a long time to kill everything.
    i found it alot easyer on 5 hunters to clear higher mythic+ then my 5x prot, yes they have no heals well 1 but can be helped with the some legendaries and fighter chow food for health regen between fights.

I gave up running a full hunter team for dungeons and going with bear resto 3 hunters.

But I am playing 5 of each atm.
    Jamba Addon Developer:

Follow me on
    Twitter

Jamba: Jamba

EU: Blossom#2756

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    While I agree that that all hunters or all tanks are most likely the comps that will allow most people to clear the content they want to without too much trouble, the top performing team that I've seen, as far as M+ progression, is actually a mixed trinity setup. An Australian boxer going by Chibilukina is running 3x BM Hunter, 1x Guardian Druid, 1x Resto Druid and is able to clear up to +15s, within the timer. I doubt any other DPS is nearly as viable a hunters, healers and tank are more or less down to preference in my opinion.

That comp actually sounds really good.. I may have to look into that further, the big reasoning is you can still do raiding. Just swap the tank over to Boomkin, and keep the healer or even swap the healer to boomkin as well and go 5 dps. You can also queue up.

I tried Guard druid, 3x enhance shaman, 1x resto. But everything in melee was a bit messy.

Would be nice if he has any videos.

Edit: I see you linked to twitch for video, thank you.
    Bleeding Hollow - Horde

i might try 5 bears someday make a fluo color team since there damage got buffed aswell in 7.2