Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Patch 7.2 is out.. anything worthwhile to do on the broken shore?

The hype is real... but is there anything worthwhile to do over there
    Last edited by WOWBOX40 : 03-30-2017 at 12:24 PM

You can farm Nethershards by killing mobs, it has been nerfed recently already but if you do it multi account its still worth it, you can farm them for legendary item and put it on AH (sells for around 60k each on my server and u need 8k shards) or you can farm for epic tokens which gives you 880+ item for your spec and it cost 5k (has a chance to proc titanforged/warforged etc)

It's funny to me how little content there actually is on the shore right now. Shrug.

I haven't farmed shards yet, but it's on my to-do list. Can you get them while in a raid group?
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

I think it sounded much better in their heads then it actually turned out.

Aside from collecting shards for the toys, it may be a very good place to gear up alts. The gear is too low for my main team but for alts it could quickly get everyone to 850.

What's the fastest way to get shards? I read outside of Tomb of Sarg, but I went there and it was lackluster. So I puttered around the sentinax for about 45 min and got a few, but the rewards felt I think because I outgear it. Popping the felslate and starlight roses was kind of fun though.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Okey, so I finally got stuff done and am in the Broken Shore, doing a bit of Sentinax farming and I have to say, it seems fairly good for us. I get about 1k shards per "cycle" of Sentinax going in to recharge. Not amazing, but not bad for just grinding mobs. However what makes this very worthwhile for me are the gathering tokens they drop. There's ones for atleast Felstate, Starlight Rose and Blood of Sargeras that spawn 5 nodes right next to you. They work just like any other nodes and can be gathered by all of my toons. I'm getting more of these tokens than I can get rid of during the recharge periods, so this is both getting me gear and making me gold all at once. Can get boring, but it seems very good for now.

I didn't realize we all could loot the materials. This... is going to change things a bit ^_^

I did an hour of farming yesterday. You get shards in a raid group, but no more than 10 characters will get shards from any non-boss kill.

In that I hour I made about 3k shards per character. Depending on the going price of the legendary crafting item, this may be the best cash cow that has every existed.

It is, uh, quite boring for me though

I wanted to stop in and update on portal farming. So far i have found that farming "carnage" portals yield the best nethershards( its the one that spawns doomgaurd type demons). It might be the only portal type that has no loss of control abilities being use on your team.. all the other ones have some sort of fear/knockback/polymorph.

I farmed them for a few hours and got 9Kish shards..i just now put 5 of the legendary items on the AH for 95k each ( lowest was 97k at the time ) If they sell for that, that will be 5 WoW tokens for a few hours of farming. I used my 5 Prots Pals btw... safest team i found to do this so far.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

The legendary items are only 9k on my server now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    The legendary items are only 9k on my server now lol.
    wow.. not worth it then. What about DEing the epic items you can get from the cheap tokens ( 400NS each ) the epic shards might still add up.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )