Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 12 of 12

Done it up to +6 on my team of Prot Paladin/Holy Priest/ BM x3 (missing the timer considerably).

Its by far the hardest dungeon at the moment, no doubt. Have NO INTEREST in doing it at the moment if there are any affixes that modify bosses; that will make it a nightmare..

Notes:

Agronox: In all honesty, don't have the strategy for this guy down yet, suspect I'd struggle against him on higher levels. My current strategy is basically to run around like a headless chicken while the adds are up and use a macro to target the adds down. He's completely fine, other than the add transition

Thrashbite: Not a problem. I position my ranged near a bookcase, tank him away from them. When he does his smash, I run towards the ranged. When he gazes someone, I run everybody behind the bookcase. After the collision, I run AWAY from the boss asap because one of the books is about to put a 90% move speed debuff on the team, and the boss does the AoE ground slam immediately after he is unstunned from the bookcase. Nice boss to multibox: punishes you if you screw up but completely smooth if you don't.

Domatrax: First time I took him down, I didn't use DBM. Second time, I did use DBM and I found knowing the timings of the slams made this much easier. My group of ranged chill out near the Aegis, but not in it. Point the boss away when he does the slam, then immediately after got the group to follow me as I run around and kill the portal adds. Repeat, then pull the entire team into the aegis for the Chaotic Energy.

The only tricky bit is the second portal phase; not sure I've quite got my management for this down. This is where I pop potions, any spare cooldowns and survivabilty stuff. I grab aggro on the first wave of Shivarra that come through, tell my followers to stop, and focus down the portal summoners. I have a target exact macro for the portal dudes in my Gnomish Sequencer macro for my DPSers. Once the portals are down, the fight is effectively over.
    ; dodge slams, rinse repeat.

Mephistroth: Felt similar in difficulty to Vizadu'um in Karazhan to me; Took me 15 or so pulls to get him down, but once I'd got the strategy down, it was fine from then on. Very healing intensive fight. I line up all my ranged in a vertical line along the lefthand wall, then tank the boss opposite the door, facing the wall. The ranged need to be spread enough not to take splash damage from the shadow AoE attack. When the pillars trigger, I get all my ranged to strafe right until they're on the right hand side, and move the boss across that way as well. Sometimes he does the pillars again before phase two, sometimes he doesn't; I assume he's got a HP% trigger to go into P2 as well as a time trigger? Pretty cool when he doesn't do it again, anyway. If they do trigger, I often use my full set of immunities to soak it (Divine Shield/ Aspect of Turtle/ Blessing of Spellwarding on the priest).

I had to tweak my IS boxer hotkey's for the next bit: I made one that basically removes my tanks from the standard hotkey. I then use a target exact hotkey for the Mephistroth shadows in my GS attack hotkey for my DPS. I put everyone on follow and trigger the Aegis. What then basically happens is that the DPS autolock onto the shadows as they spawn and they kill them quickly enough so they only let off one blast. I charge the tank into it with the Aegis, being careful to try not to have any of the followers in the green fel-fire. When I execute it right, it works oh so smoothly.

The big strain here is that the healer has to pump out a lot of healing whilst being mobile; I'm glad I switched to a holy priest in the weeks running up to the patch, I'm not sure I would have managed it on my old holy paladin. A druid healer probably does pretty well here too; tranquility is presumably awesome.

Once he transitions back, its a case of getting back into a spread formation and repeating phase one. Usually the repeated phase is quite short because I get him to well under 50%.

Overall, a great dungeon, though seems to be tuned way higher than the other ones. Even taking into account that I'm way more experienced on the other dungeons, this does feel way harder and way more punishing than any other dungeon. The last three fights are my favorite kind to multibox; completely do-able, but requiring me to execute perfectly. In much the same way that I now one shot Vizadu'um, where he took 20 odd pulls to take down originally, I suspect I'll gradually get better and better at this one too, and the timer will get more and more reasonable.

I reckon having Prydaz would be a MASSIVE help here as well; I'll probably be trying to target it at the Kadala-guy with my DPS.
    Last edited by RedSorc : 04-02-2017 at 10:06 PM