Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Cathedral of Eternal Night

So I haven't managed to beat any bosses yet w/ a hunter + heals team. The first boss, Agronox, casts Timber Smash (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=235751/timber-smash) on a random party member and one shots them. I don't think he's happy w/ a pet tank. Possibly a bug or maybe by design. At least for the time being it's going to be a wall unless we are able to cheese him with maybe the death prevention trink + brez.

Trash felt really rough. My team is only 870ish though, so some of you might have a better time.

I don't think the mechanics will favour an all tank team either with the Fulminating lashers, but I'll be giving it a try with my pallies too.
    Last edited by MiRai : 03-31-2017 at 01:05 AM Reason: Thread Title

I did it with 5x prot Paladins on Heroic without too much trouble. Deaths happened due to being too greedy on trash pulls or not knowing mechanics. I'm sure I could clear it on Mythic. Those of you with higher ilvl Paladins will probably breeze through it.

First boss, I ended with one Pally left. I wasn't paying enough attention to the Lashers and they probably caused all of the deaths.

Second boss wasn't too bad. Read the journal and memorize his three most painful abilities. Avoid them and you'll be fine.

Third boss can get interesting. Keep away from the Aegis unless he casts Chaotic Energy. Keep the boss pointed away from the Aegis. There are a ton of adds but I ignored them and let AOE take care of them. Successful Mythic attempts will probably require clearing some of them out.

Fourth and final boss isn't mechanically friendly to a melee party, but Paladins are awesome, so it can be done. Phase one, stay out of the stuff on the floor. Phase two is meant to have someone protect Illidan in the center of the room while dps deals with the guys that spawn around the outside. If Illidan gets hit by an orb, he gets interrupted from bringing the boss back, but will slowly get there. I tried to just burn down the spawns around the outside, but died due to the stacking debuff before Illidan finished. Second attempt I kept the party in the middle and protected Illidan with the Aegis as required. The Paladin's ranged abilities were enough to kill enough adds to keep the orbs manageable. I feel like I was slowly falling behind, so I don't know if that strategy would work on Mythic, at least at my item level.

Good luck to anyone trying Mythic!
    <The Revenge Society> - Whisperwind

8x of each class @120

"Why do you multi-box?"
    "The same reason you do anything: Because I can."

Me and Void did Mythic on full Hunters. Was surprised by how difficult it was for just being mythic but they did raise the difficulty of mythic in general.

1st boss, always seems to cast the instant kill ability on my main so I use turtle on just that one prior to it hitting. For the second cast I pop turtle on the remaining hunters, you can see from his target of target who its going on but it's too quick for reflexes.
    Throw down some slow and freeze traps for the lashers that pop out and stay mobile as some of them explode. Going full DPS mode and popping lust was able to drop him before it got out of hand.

2nd boss, same as Agent mentioned, for hunters move the one about to get charged out of the way and pop a turtle.

3rd boss, I worked down the elemental adds that were doing some kind of mega cast. I didn't let them get it off to see what happened but can only assume it would be bad. Also used as much burst as possible. Tried to trap the melee adds while focusing on the boss. They seemed to come out when boss was sub 25% for me. (though it is based off time not health) it was just more advantageous to burn the boss down.

4th boss, ran into some issues when the fight shifts to illidan - I read it was bugged potentially for some. Either way, spread out your characters and go full dps. I popped a potion, lusted and got him down before phase 1 ended.
    I was getting upgrades on a lot of these bosses so the difficulty vs reward is definitely there.

Void did down them all before me!! but his advice to me was burn them all, and that's what worked. Because that's 5 hunters for you
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

That's great news from both of you. I'll give it another try w/ my hunters. Didn't even occur to me to use the turtle CD...

Ahhh man, I have decisions to make. Should I go back to my 880 iLvl paladin team or keep leveling my 800 iLvl hunter team.

Its sounding like the tank team is best at first but once the gear starts coming in the hunter team will start outperforming. Just like prior to patch.

Just did a MAW+0 w/ my hunters and it wasn't a complete roflstomp like usual. So Mythics are definitely harder now, and it wasn't just a health & damage boost, it's also little mechanics you wouldn't normally see until M+5ish.

I'm going to run it with my pallies and see how it feels. I'll let ya know.

I'm not convinced hunters have ever been better than prot pallies for progression... they're just more enjoyable for farm because they drop everything so fast and can cheese a lot of common mechanics (melee range AoE for example).
    Last edited by rapstar : 03-29-2017 at 04:52 PM

Just ran it on my Pallies (1 x prot, 4 x ret), both +0 and +2. It went smoother and a bit faster than on my hunters IMO, but not by much.

Both definitely have their benefits. I also like the Paladins as well and am hopeful they can come back into the equation. Being able to do raids though has been awesome.
    Interested to hear more on the 1 prot 4x ret because that was my original configuration. I just didn't like the high burst then low sustained.

I tried on mythic+0 on my 5x pali tank team (880+) and made it to the last boss, but couldn't get him down. I switched to heroic and ran through roflstomping everything, pulling up the the bosses even.

I have read reports where they feel Cathedral is way overtuned, imagine it'll get toned down soon.

As a side note, best way to gear up currently in Mythics. Did +3's last night and was getting some 895 ilvl gear on titan forging, insane for the difficulty.