Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default The new tab targeting is...

Weird. It's... weird. Not bad, just weird.

So been playing around with the tab targeting and I've found a couple interesting things.

First, the whole thing about not being able to target non-combat mobs when in combat doesn't exist as far as I could find. You can start combat with a mob, fight it for a while, hit tab and get another mob off in the distance that you have no aggro or combat with and attack it. This is a good thing in my opinion cause they way the notes were written would have destroyed tab dotting and most forms of farming for ranged. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to be there or the notes described it completely wrong.

All in all, it seem to behave the way you'd expect. No targeting of flying mobs above you. No targeting of mobs behind you and slightly left. No targeting of mobs in the Heroes of the Storm game your friend in Chicago is playing. That said, I didn't test it exhaustively and I don't know anyone in Chicago.

I did find a weird thing though. You can't target things you can't see. Well, you can see their nameplate, but not their model. This sounds normal at first, but it gets sort of weird in practice. Imagine if you will a tree. Like all trees in games, you can shoot through this tree. You can NOT target through this tree. A mob walks along. You can target them. UNTIL they walk behind the tree and become untargetable. If you target them before they walk behind it, the targeting stays. Not too crazy, but it opens up a couple strange scenarios. A caster mob aggros and it is behind a tree or terrain (terrain is a honorary tree). In theory it could attack you and you would be unable to even target it without clicking it's nameplate, which you would be able to see through that tree (or terrain). But this is also weird. You can rotate your camera with the left mouse button, changing your view but not rotating your character, until the mob is just on the edge of your screen (because everyone knows rotating your view allows you to look around trees). You can now tab target it. Not a huge game breaker, but a new behavior that is just... weird.

- Souca Is an Honorary Tree
    This space for rent.

Ummm... just sitting here at my computer and got a reticle around my chair... was that you?

If some wiggly green snake shaped arrows go whizzing by followed by some cats it wasn't me. Definitely, 100%, with out a doubt, not me. Nope.

- Souca Whistles and Slowly Steps Away
    This space for rent.