Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Blood DK and 4 Druid Team Question

Hello all,

I was wondering what people thought about this team for instances?

I love the DK and would like to drive the tank. The druids are all still 100 so I was thinking I could instance grind them with the 110 DK Tank thoughts?

Would stacking hots from 4 balance druids keep a Blood DK up for the lower level instances, later switching one to resto for full time heal support?

I have 100's of most classes tbh, I took a break from boxing for awhile, Legion was getting boring to me.

Any feedback would be great!

Your comp will be fine until you're in M+ at which point it's not your DK that will need the heals the most, but your boomkins due to AoE damage. I have a 5 druid team and to be honest, they are doable but definitely not amazing in Mythic+. Using a DK instead of a bear for tanking will make things a bit tougher too, with personal loot sharing (plate vs leather), order halls and different movement speeds (cat form & dash > wraith walk).

Since you have every class, and love your DK, you might enjoy 5 x Blood DKs (self heal + taunt rotation) or 4 x Blood DK + 1 x Prot Pally (prot pally has great heals). These are both very strong comps well into M+. You could do 4 DKs with a healer too if you wanted to shoot for trinity, taking some of them frost and using a holy pally or a resto druid, which is harder to manage for a boxer, but fun if you like the challenge. Using a prot pally or another healer has the added bonus of using the dungeon finder (loses usefulness once geared except for timewalking holiday events) and quicker Qs in the raid finder.
    Last edited by rapstar : 03-28-2017 at 01:27 PM

Do the 5DK's or pally make M+ more manageable even with no direct healing?

Yes. The DKs can self-heal like champs, and if you do a taunt rotation so each one takes turns with boss hits, you should be fine (depending on gear vs. +).

If you throw a pally in there, even as prot, they are able to heal the rest of your team well enough given their already amazing self-heals. It also gives you the option of going holy with your paladin, but you probably won't need to (in fact, you might find your DKs are fine, but your pally takes a beating).

Having the pally means you can Q w/ RDF etc., but having only DKs makes your order hall quests / back and forth easier. I have a mixed team and having different order halls can be annoying.

I would probably go all DKs cause they'll wreck anything you overgear and be easier overall to deal with (same order hall, quests, rotations, etc.). RDF only really matters when initially gearing up and during timewalking weeks.

I think I will throw in a healer, just so I can use the LFG. Thanks for the feedback!

With 7.2 I have been working on my dks myself. I am considering instead of a paladin going Guardian druid and 4x BDK's not sure how well this will work.

Guardians just got a swipe nerf. I'm probably done running mythical on them. I can do heroics as 5 boomy though just fine

That is too bad. I did originally lvl up 2 druids and 3 bm hunters, that is a possible option, although I read they worked on fixing the damage mobs were doing.

Whats about all pallies? All Prot or some ret mixed in?

In my experience All Prot is very very strong for pallies, but also a bit boring. You can mix ret in if you like, but it's challenging to outdo your prot DPS as ret, especially in large groups. Going Seraphim w/ your prots can be a nice boost too, but slightly tricky to manage. "Last Defender" x 5 can be seriously OP, but only if you're making crazy big pulls (I.e. Kara mount runs). The math is a bit nuts: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ld_never_tank/