Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default A week of Defeat :D Plus nightbane

I was unable to complete any keystone with the team this week, completing that 12 last week gave me "all +9" 2 upper kara 1 cathedral 1 lower kara and a maw, I was able to push the maw 9 with just the 1 lock that had it and then attempted the 12 maw with the team but sadly i failed to the max all week Spent about 4 hours in lower kara, 3 or so hours in upper kara didn't even try cathedral of light and the maw 12 drained me at about 49min. Thought i would share Something be it Defeat or triumph, so here is a sped up copy of my Maw 12, Rip in volcanic ash

This was actually my first week dealing with volcanic with my first and only caster team, Was pretty miserable haha
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCXl0lNTPKI

recording actually worked this week in kara, My nightbane run
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lWx2grAi1U
    Last edited by Nezreck : 04-25-2017 at 02:38 AM Reason: Leh nightbane

Quote Originally Posted by Nezreck View Post
    I was unable to complete any keystone with the team this week, completing that 12 last week gave me "all +9" 2 upper kara 1 cathedral 1 lower kara and a maw, I was able to push the maw 9 with just the 1 lock that had it and then attempted the 12 maw with the team but sadly i failed to the max all week Spent about 4 hours in lower kara, 3 or so hours in upper kara didn't even try cathedral of light and the maw 12 drained me at about 49min. Thought i would share Something be it Defeat or triumph, so here is a sped up copy of my Maw 12, Rip in volcanic ash

This was actually my first week dealing with volcanic with my first and only caster team, Was pretty miserable haha
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCXl0lNTPKI
    Very good attempt none the less. This weeks affixes were just terrible for pet tank based teams. Having to pull pets back because of sanguine while trying not to be blown up by volcanic is not on my list of enjoyable things to do.

It is impressive in itself that you got a +12 to try.

Ellay and myself have a new team setup that seems promising. So i was working on that instead of the affixes this week.

Keep the vids coming fail or not i like to watch.
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

Agreed, your still pushing the limits though. Anything beyond +10 is currently higher than needed for the rewards that it gives.

One thing I did want to note on your movement. Sometimes trying to dodge stuff on the ground quickly, /follow just isn't enough and using a strafe or forward/backward key on all is a bit more reliable. I couldn't tell if this was in play on the sped up videos but noticed it last week.

After I added them in, it made a world of difference for lots of mechanics.
    Last edited by MiRai : 04-25-2017 at 10:12 AM Reason: Merged
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

It doesn't seem like you're failing by much. I guess with more traits and gear you'll down these +12 in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Very good attempt none the less. This weeks affixes were just terrible for pet tank based teams. Having to pull pets back because of sanguine while trying not to be blown up by volcanic is not on my list of enjoyable things to do.

It is impressive in itself that you got a +12 to try.

Ellay and myself have a new team setup that seems promising. So i was working on that instead of the affixes this week.

Keep the vids coming fail or not i like to watch.
    Thanks What's the new team you 2 are bringing up, Also this week is skittish :O going to be a first on a pet tank based team again, no idea how well it's going to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    Agreed, your still pushing the limits though. Anything beyond +10 is currently higher than needed for the rewards that it gives.

One thing I did want to note on your movement. Sometimes trying to dodge stuff on the ground quickly, /follow just isn't enough and using a strafe or forward/backward key on all is a bit more reliable. I couldn't tell if this was in play on the sped up videos but noticed it last week.

After I added them in, it made a world of difference for lots of mechanics.
    Yea i keep meaning to set up the advanced movement keys, i have been watching lots of videos and a few streamers who run the advanced movement and it looks like it makes a world of difference, i think it would solve a lot of my issues with mechanics, For sure with how i often get stuck channeling drain soul and can't react quick enough to cancel the channel and scoot

Quote Originally Posted by charly View Post
    It doesn't seem like you're failing by much. I guess with more traits and gear you'll down these +12 in no time!
    i'm starting to outgear my infernals ability to output enough threat, often breaking 1mil burst on the main lock and getting my self roasted lol, Might have to start dropping dots and just wait a min before going in.

are you scard with the changes to affi locks in the next patch? a lot of players are going to say there useless am not really into the spec and are very much looking forward to the desto changes

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    are you scard with the changes to affi locks in the next patch? a lot of players are going to say there useless am not really into the spec and are very much looking forward to the desto changes
    Na i am not too worried honestly, the most hey are doing is lowering the burst ability of affliction with the nerf to Malefic Grasp, But they are then buffing the overall damage of all affliction spells by 15%, So honestly i think it might actually help me with my threat issues that are starting up pop up.

I might level destro weapons for fun over time but i'm not really worried about maxing my damage output when i'm not really raiding anymore etc
    Last edited by Nezreck : 04-26-2017 at 02:21 PM