Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Question One toon on a PvE realm to make World Quests less terrible?

I'm alliance on Kil'Jaeden, and it's terrible to do anything out in the open world. I've taken a few breaks, so my gear is behind the curve, and even with 8, a few geared people can wreck me repeatedly.

I'm debating on using the discounted character transfer on just one toon (or two really, I run my 8 in two groups of 4) to a PvE server so when I just want to do my world quests, I can phase over there, and when I want to engage in PvP, I can phase back to KJ.

Is this a good idea? I know I will lose the ability to trade items/gold between characters, but beyond that, I can't think of a downside.

I was really hoping for some sort of "bulk discount" for character transfers, but it's doubtful it's ever gonna happen.

Heylo.

I did the reverse up to now in this expansion, having one toon on a busy PVP server so I could phase myself over for WPVP when I felt like it and then just chill on a relaxed PVE realm when I want to quest/level/farm without being bothered. It works fairly well, although there are some additional phasing bugs present. I would consistantly have toons unable to see eachother or have toons standing idle somewhere on each other's screens, even if they were not on others. Nothing that relogs and/or reforming could not fix, but a slight annoyance. Don't know if others have had the same experience. Other than that the only issue is trading items and gold, as you mentioned. If you're not bothered by that, then no biggie of course.

I did move my phasing toon over to the realm with the "bulk" of my team since WPVP is dead on EU for the time being and with the stat templates not triggering in the open world was not enjoyable in the least to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    Heylo.

I did the reverse up to now in this expansion, having one toon on a busy PVP server so I could phase myself over for WPVP when I felt like it and then just chill on a relaxed PVE realm when I want to quest/level/farm without being bothered. It works fairly well, although there are some additional phasing bugs present. I would consistantly have toons unable to see eachother or have toons standing idle somewhere on each other's screens, even if they were not on others. Nothing that relogs and/or reforming could not fix, but a slight annoyance. Don't know if others have had the same experience. Other than that the only issue is trading items and gold, as you mentioned. If you're not bothered by that, then no biggie of course.

I did move my phasing toon over to the realm with the "bulk" of my team since WPVP is dead on EU for the time being and with the stat templates not triggering in the open world was not enjoyable in the least to begin with.
    I have that problem from time to time, usually after taking a flight path or phasing out of a dungeon. Does not seem to be specific to cross-realm teams.