Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Questions from newbie looking to get into multiboxing

Hello all!

I'm a Legion baby, very new and didn't realize multiboxing was a thing until recently! I want to give it a try but I had a few questions first:

I have Legion currently (WoW1) and also ended up with a second Starter Edition (WoW2) - not sure how I got that honestly but it doesn't matter. It says I can upgrade WoW2 to the full game (thru WoD of course) for $10 when I log in to it. If I were to create two new toons would I be able to multibox them up to 100 with my Legion WoW1 and the Upgraded Starter Edition (WoW2)? Or do both WoW1 and WoW2 have to be Legion?

Obviously leveling them past 100 would require Legion, but my plan would be to multibox enough to earn enough gold for tokens to pay for Legion for WoW2. And then further Legion licenses possibly down the road. Ideally I'd like to pay as little real-world money as possible but I can shell out a little here or there.

Thanks!

You have it down pretty well. You can level a character on WoW1 and WoW2 together at the same time. Over 100 will need legion like you said.

To add to what Jabberie said, if you're going to multibox and you've got room for additional accounts on your BNet account, then you should really take advantage of Recruit-a-Friend, which gives a handful of benefits that are hard to pass up.

You can have Blizzard remove the Starter Edition that is probably no longer able to receive an invite (seeing as you don't know where it came from or when it got there). No reason to confuse yourself by leaving dormant Starter Editions on your main BNet account.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Awesome, thanks!

Actually went ahead and with some leftover funds from a previous token I converted the Starter to a WoW copy minus Legion (Battlechest I think it said?) Working on setting up the multibox, I'll check back if I have more questions.

Thanks for your help!

As MiRai alluded to, having your multiple accounts on the same Battlenet account is highly desirable, as this means you share all mounts, pets, achievements, etc...