Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default 7 Boomkins + 3 Resto Druids

Hey guys,

Right now Im running 10 boomkins as my world pvp team, its all good so far its fun but if I run across a full mythic geared pve hunter or some other aoe stun Im just getting destoryed in 1 second as my toons are heavy stack on top of each other.

I was thinkin about switching 3 of the boomkins into resto druids to help with healing, I never ever did mix setup like that to have healers on my team, so here's my question what would be the easiest way to make this happen. Do I have to heal through unit frames or all can be done via macros while im dpsing and healing will be auto without me having to click anything ?

Thanks for help

for me macros like the below have made it easier to dps and heal in wpvp since i can focus more on the target instead of trying to click on the correct toon to heal them. I use 4 & 5 mouse button whenever i need to dps and heal at the same time, life saver!

/cast [target=targettarget] Vivify
    /cast [target=targettarget] Enveloping mist
    /castsequence [@targettarget] Enveloping Mist, Effuse, Effuse
    Last edited by Dominicano : 03-21-2017 at 07:56 PM

I use [@targettarget] and [@focus,exists] macros, with clickbars over the toon's health bars to set focus.

To be honest though, even with healers the damage in wpvp is so high that there isn't much to be done. I have Monks, DHs, Locks, DKs, and Hunters at 110 and it's the Blood DKs and BM Hunters that survive. Blood because they're so survivable and BM because you can't be DPS'd when you global the opposition
    Last edited by Mosg2 : 03-22-2017 at 11:05 AM
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

@Mosg2 what do you think would be the best setup for 10 acc's world pvp only ? That can survive many people and deal tons of dmg, boomkins are fun so far as long they arent targeting me heh I was thinking about going 7 dk's and 3 monk healers but I would have to level them all from 0 So I dont wanna go for it without any knowledge

My 6 hunters 2 monks 2 disc are not that bad.

The 20% shiled is nice when stacked and the monks can keep the grp up to kill most chars i had probs with..

Not tried a bear yet but ha. Ya.

Resto druilds are going to be to to slow to keep up with dmh if they over gear you then you just have to "gg" res and then nuke it with cds when there cds are on cooldown!
    Last edited by ebony : 03-23-2017 at 04:03 AM

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bzyta View Post
    @Mosg2 what do you think would be the best setup for 10 acc's world pvp only ? That can survive many people and deal tons of dmg, boomkins are fun so far as long they arent targeting me heh I was thinking about going 7 dk's and 3 monk healers but I would have to level them all from 0 So I dont wanna go for it without any knowledge
    I've been playing this game almost a decade and if I've learned one thing: no matter what the question is the answer is never boomkins.

@luxlunae
    Lol I agree. I always want them to be strong but it never works out. At present they're the most-workable they've been, in my opinion, for multiboxing. Unfortunately damage in the open world is just silly from other players, and the baked-in resilience they were planning for 7.2 did not make it.

@Bzyta
    I would do an 8/2 split between DPS and healers if I were running 10. If you're playing melee, either Blood DKs or Bear Druids. DKs will have silly uptime via Deathgrip, and Bears too via always-on Stampeding Roar. For ranged I can only in good conscience recommend Hunters. I have Locks at ~840 or so ilevel with 31 points in their artifact, but even with Sweet Souls Healthstones they still take SO much damage. Their problem is that they don't kill fast enough and so let people react. Hunters don't have that problem at all haha--They just global everything.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

I currently run 4x Blood DK and 1x Holy Pally @ around 865 ilvl.

Current state of PvP the only class that I have problems with is a single Guardian Druid. Like all, a good mage or hunter can AoE DPS and hit hard but if we're talking about a fight where I get a grip in, there is only ever a Guardian that survives!

I have got to say, in wPvP in my (limited) experience the Blood DK are amazing. My Pally is usually the one who will die, but he is also often focused.

I would have liked to do 5x Blood DK but in some ways the pally has alot of utility and also allows fast recovery between fights.

In terms of healing, I'm sure it works better 10-boxing but with how fast wPvP is the blood DK keep themselves alive as long as they have contact with the target.

Try going Guardian? That would just hurt!

Edit: Trying hunters at the moment but levelling is not my strong point!

Think im gonna try bear druid for now once I get the artifact done on all of them, but will start leveling 8 dk's and go with 2 monk healers instead.

Update: Started leveling 8 dks on Outland EU Horde 1 monk is already 100 and another one will just boost to 100 once the dk reach 100 might take a while tho :P

If anyone can trade me some gold on Outland would be great, I will pay back with gold on my realm so u can buy wowtoken
    Last edited by Bzyta : 03-23-2017 at 11:08 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Bzyta View Post
    Think im gonna try bear druid for now once I get the artifact done on all of them, but will start leveling 8 dk's and go with 2 monk healers instead.

Update: Started leveling 8 dks on Outland EU Horde 1 monk is already 100 and another one will just boost to 100 once the dk reach 100 might take a while tho :P

If anyone can trade me some gold on Outland would be great, I will pay back with gold on my realm so u can buy wowtoken
    Think I bumped into you doing a WQ this weekend /wave

How are you finding the DK?