Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Hybrid View

Default Jamba-Quest FEEDBACK! (Plz help)

Right new stuff for jamba 5.2 doing a lot of work in quest i tried a change last build (beta) to make the DropDown menu not to taint well its not really fixed infarct i think it breaks Jamba-quest (so nothing works) not really what i wonted was it.

There is a few options.

A: keep it as it was when the taint was not as "bad" using its own menu frame this is still going to taint if jamba-quest is loaded wrong (this is just luck based) Something i don't want to do. this was Jamba-Quest 2.0 by Max Schilm. was added around WoD time

To be fair this menu is a bit of a pain even if the taint was gone the only to drop quest was rightclicking the menu and the button when you click on the quest did nothing.

B: go back to the "jamba-Quest Bar" this was not that great i guess it was very basic was always in the way took up a lot of room on this system you needed to be on the Quest Text the DropDown Menu was not support on this system.

C: Jennifer way i guess, Jamba-Quest 3.0 Both the "menu" and the "button" will let you Abandon/Track the quest's Should be taint free as its not hooking or changing bllizzard menu and it is Clean on UI.

This is going to use a Popup Dialog that ask you when you go to Abandon/Track a quest and it show a Option to do it on the character your on OR the Team (if more then one of your Jamba Team is online)

This is what its going to look like: Track would be the same the blizzard Popup Dialog is hidden by this new one!

FEEDBACK

As well, i don't see the point/need when you Abandon a quest one of your team members that does not have the quest to warn you... it seems spaming and to be fair i don't give two S****** if that toon does not have the quest as i just told them to drop the quest ha!

(We not talking about the spam here when you do a AbandonALL quest Loop that is a bug well more bad code that will be fixed.)

Anyone else see the needs in this?

i don't want to remove if there is a reason, Because when its gone its GONE!!!!

I would love to be able to drop a single quest with everyone instead of only being all to drop all quests with everyone I vote for the Jennifer way

Quote Originally Posted by Oziam View Post
    I would love to be able to drop a single quest with everyone instead of only being all to drop all quests with everyone I vote for the Jennifer way
    Atm you can but noone.seems to know its right click the quest and there is a dropdown menu there with a button to drop single quest on toons..

So scary noone knows about the current way. ( after all the dropdown menu is part off the blizz quest tracker )

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    Atm you can but noone.seems to know its right click the quest and there is a dropdown menu there with a button to drop single quest on toons..

So scary noone knows about the current way. ( after all the dropdown menu is part off the blizz quest tracker )
    I know! and I love it way more than the old way!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I stopped using the jamba quest as I find it too in my face with the heavy text.
    I do find it annoying that it is the default setting and that it takes quite a lot of enable/disable JOT to get the wow one back
    The right click on abandon a single quest fails to toggle correctly most of the time for me, the option disappears as soon as I release the mouse button.
    I use the abandon all option quite a lot when leveling, as the teams soon out level an area, I like to move on as I had the loremaster on my main many years ago.
    and seeing as my daughter is also called Jennifer, that would be my choice as well :-)

I use Jamba all the time and I do think it is great that you continue to support this add on.
    your work is appreciated
    Last edited by Dadjitsu : 03-20-2017 at 09:48 AM Reason: missed out the YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Dadjitsu View Post
    I stopped using the jamba quest as I find it too in my face with the heavy text.
    Not sure what you mean? (JoT?) jamba-quest is not Jamba-tracker. Jamba-quest deal's with handing in quest. Talking to npc's (that has text to press) droping/tracking of all and single quests!

[QUOTE=Dadjitsu;410244]
    I do find it annoying that it is the default setting and that it takes quite a lot of enable/disable JOT to get the wow one back
    /QUOTE]

Jamba-Quest and tracker(JoT) not what we talking about here def parts of the addon.

[QUOTE=Dadjitsu;410244]
    The right click on abandon a single quest fails to toggle correctly most of the time for me, the option disappears as soon as I release the mouse button.
    /QUOTE]

Funny story is is a blizzard problem not a "Jamba problem" and they did fix there they got something that spams a event on the map. Fixed in 7.2 though!

[QUOTE=Dadjitsu;410244]
    I use the abandon all option quite a lot when leveling, as the teams soon out level an area, I like to move on as I had the loremaster on my main many years ago.
    /QUOTE]

yep i like that and when max removed it last time a lot and me got upset he did (just going to make a it spam free, and stop it looping like crazy)

Quote Originally Posted by Dadjitsu View Post
    and seeing as my daughter is also called Jennifer, that would be my choice as well :-)
    I use Jamba all the time and I do think it is great that you continue to support this add on.
    your work is appreciated
    Thanks am trying to make it better and easier to use for everyone. without to many big bars :S

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I know! and I love it way more than the old way!
    Yes its better but i can not fix the taint sorry...... and the taint is getting to many bug reports you really don't want to see my curse inbox.....

this is the only way i can think off without taint + there it work with the "other" button when u click the quest.

PS this should be in jamba-5.2 beta tonight! (this be released with patch 7.2)

I loved the right click, used it a lot. Updates are always good though especially if it was a cause to some of the odd lua errors from time to time.

I like the pop up but just to give another sugestion : http://i.imgur.com/rHugP4s.png

Will this latest beta push fix the "is busy" issue with slaves and quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwock View Post
    I loved the right click, used it a lot. Updates are always good though especially if it was a cause to some of the odd lua errors from time to time.

I like the pop up but just to give another sugestion : http://i.imgur.com/rHugP4s.png

Will this latest beta push fix the "is busy" issue with slaves and quests?

i "was" thinking of doing somthing like that the problem is then the right click menu would not work and u have to click on the quest. and it be very close to the old ver1.

to be fair the space there as well is for the "Toon ALL" bar, thats been updated and changed and is spam free.

Now what we talking about "is busy"?? can not see this bug on my client

I use the abandoned on all quite a bit, especially when leveling new characters. The single abandon quest did give issues but like you said was a Blizzard issue and is being fixed in 7.2
    Regardless, I EXTREMELY (focus on the caps) appreciate this addon, it makes multiboxing so smooth and is a requirement for WoW.

Just saying thank you when I can, to let you know how important it has been to have this addon continually being updated throughout the years.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

For redundancy I IWT with all characters and have quest sharing on.
    Before now, either system would accept the quest for me.
    With the last beta, if I did the same, I would see my master sharing and getting the

"Sharing questnumber3 with characterb"
    "characterB is busy"

CharacterB get stuck with no quest, the quest window open and no buttons working on that said quest.
    Have to close the window and start again.

I can retest again share only works and if noshare/IWT works.