Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Suggestions for movement sync across multiple instances

One of my fancy ideas was to take 5 characters to farm Volatile air's in ZG. It's a reasonable simple path, zone in, cut left, kill the mob, loot, leave. I can get it working kinda ok but I always have to switch off broadcast at some point to fix their pathing.

Anyone do the multiple instance thing with multiple characters and have suggestions on how to keep their positions in sync? I get that fighting throws it out the window but even without combat I still manage to get out of sync pretty easily.

Forward, backward, and strafe; don't turn with the mouse/keyboard.
    Last edited by MiRai : 03-18-2017 at 11:22 PM Reason: Added keyboard
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Forward, backward, and strafe; don't turn with the mouse.
    The only part of that I didn't do is strafe, I did however use a keyboard turn instead of the mouse. The issue really is uneven terrain that you end up taking a small jump over or get caught up in on the way out. It's a very short path but hard to get right.

Will try and strafe and see if that helps.

Thanks

I agree With Mirai, just broadcast directional movement keys. If your toons get out of sync, find some corners along your route where you can run them all in to. This'll put them in the exact same spot again, effectively re-syncing them. It'd be much harder to resync your toons if they are facing in different directions, and even if you got them in the same spot, they'd run off in different directions unless you manually turned them to face the exact same way.