Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Hybrid View

Default Having Issues getting ISBOXER to work with Eve online

i must not be doing something right.. Not able to get eve online to work. with Isboxer.. i just want ISBOXER for window managment.. i click everything myself.. but setting up per the guides.. it does not work..

Making me Regret resubbing to ISBOXER..

Quote Originally Posted by gmbattletech View Post
    it does not work..
    It would be helpful if you could elaborate on that above statement.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Sorry.. should have done that...
    I am following this page here and not getting the ISboxer to launch my 4 toons in EVE ONLINE
    http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8128

I AM SETTING UP NEW CHARACTERS/TEAM IN ISBOXER
    1. First you need to add the EVE Launcher to Inner Space. Right click Inner Space in the system notification area and select "Add Game", then either drag EVE Launcher (either the shortcut from your desktop, or the file itself) into the Add Game window, or use the "..." button to navigate to the EVE Launcher executable. You can put whatever you like for the Name, but if you just make it "EVE Launcher" it should be easy for you to identify which one to use in ISBoxer.
    2. Use the Quick Setup Wizard as always, and make sure to select the correct Game and Game Profile for the EVE Launcher, for each of your Characters
    3. Export to Inner Space
    4. Proceed to Launch

Launching your EVE team with ISBoxer
    1. Make sure the EVE Launcher is not running -- Tip: the EVE Launcher MAY be "Minimized to Tray". Check the System Notifications (Tray) area for an EVE icon; if the EVE Launcher is there, right click and select Exit. (thanks soleilnu! source)
    2. Launch your Character Set -- the first EVE Launcher instance comes up
    3. Log into your first account
    4. Click Play -- the first EVE game instance comes up
    5. The EVE Launcher must now CLOSE. CLOSE IT.
    6. To continue the launching process at this point, repeat from step #1 ("Make sure ...") with the game window(s) still open.

any its not working..

I have deleted innerspace and ISBOXEr suite from PC and the New Eve launcher also.. going to Download Innerspace/ISBOXER and the new Eve launcher in the morning and try again..

Just trying to see if anybody that plays Eve online i could get some hints from on what to do to get it working...

Last edited by gmbattletech : 03-17-2017 at 12:27 AM

Which part is not working?
    How far do you get?
    What messages, if any, do you see?
    When you launch a team do you ever get to see the launcher appear?
    What system are you running this on?
    After attempting a launch, if you right click on the Inner Space icon in the system tray, and select Console, what does the Inner Space uplink console say is happening? Does it match what you think it should be doing?

I am getting this message when i login into eve online with ISBOXER

login through the eve online clinet front end is disabled, please use the EVE launcher to log in at all times

login through the eve online clinet front end is disabled, please use the EVE launcher to log in at all times
    Thanks, that's what we needed to know.

So in other words, what you're telling us is that ISBoxer is launching the game client directly, instead of using the launcher? Since September 2016, you cannot point Inner Space directly at exefile.exe (or otherwise launch it directly) because they made this change.

This all points here:
    1. First you need to add the EVE Launcher to Inner Space. Right click Inner Space in the system notification area and select "Add Game", then either drag EVE Launcher (either the shortcut from your desktop, or the file itself) into the Add Game window, or use the "..." button to navigate to the EVE Launcher executable. You can put whatever you like for the Name, but if you just make it "EVE Launcher" it should be easy for you to identify which one to use in ISBoxer.
    2. Use the Quick Setup Wizard as always, and make sure to select the correct Game and Game Profile for the EVE Launcher, for each of your Characters

So for #1, the EVE Launcher is in the main EVE Online folder, not under SharedCache\tq\bin. Make sure you are not selecting exefile.exe when you use Add Game for EVE Online.

And for #2, the Quick Setup Wizard will select "EVE Online" and "EVE Online Default Profile" by default when you are adding Characters. If that does not match what you added in #1, use the drop-down boxes to select "EVE Launcher" "EVE Launcher Default Profile"

You can correct the Game and Game Profile after the wizard, just select each Character in the top left pane, then in the bottom right pane adjust the Game and Game Profile drop-down boxes.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Do i use the the Eve online launhcer made for ISBOXER when i add the game to innerspace

The instructions you're following (pasted/linked) are for the official EVE Launcher.

If you want to use ISBoxer EVE Launcher ("the EVE online launcher made for ISBoxer"), then don't follow the instructions you linked at all. Don't use Add Game at all.

Instead, you would want to go here... https://github.com/LavishSoftware/ISBoxerEVELauncher... and after downloading it, you would scroll down to the part where it says "Recommendations for ISBoxer". ISBoxer EVE Launcher handles all of the "Add Game" for you in Step #7.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

i got it to work with the new eve launcher.. but but it does not put the clients in the window format i wanted.. or is that something i have to do manually

You will have to set up your window layout to your liking.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.