Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default New to Multiboxing

Hello everyone,

I'm new to multiboxing in Eve (Well pushing beyond 4 accounts) and I am willing to put in the work to make myself a really great set up.

I currently have 1 Rorqual, 1 Battleship (For clearing rats until I can get Exhumers with a half decent tank), 10 Retrievers and I have 2 monitors.

Currently if I run all of the clients my computer really struggles (The CPU struggles to be specific), and I was hoping that by using DxNothing windows and VideoFX in a set up similar to the video linked below that I could alleviate these problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi349v9d52U&t

I already have an idea of my ideal layout, but I do not currently know how to go about setting something like this up. Do I have to set up VideoFX manually on to the DxNothing Windows whilst having all the clients open. Or can I in a way not run clients to save on computer resources.

https://puu.sh/tUpsP/481585e05c.pdf

(Sorry for the poor quality, it's at a 1:4 scale)

My idea is to split my miners into 5 groups of two and spread them around the belt so that they do not have issues with range and so that they can all mine separate asteroids easily whilst keeping track of what is mining currently.

So to sum up:

Is my idea possible?

Will running DxNothing and VideoFX hopefully reduce the strain on my CPU (It hits 25% on system usage when so many clients are open but system is otherwise always low)?

Are there any optimisations to my idea that could be done or things that I'm missing?

Where do I get started with setting up the windows in an easy manner without having to fight 100% CPU usage?

Thank you in advance!

A word of warning. If you're caught by CCP using DxNothing and VideoFX, it's considered a bannable offense.

Now, to alleviate computer struggles: Make sure your graphics settings are set to low. enable Resource Cache, Add FPS caps to your clients (I use 30 primary, 20 secondary, when I'm doing my squad of 9 with fleets around). Zooming out helps too. Make sure your CPU strategy works well for your CPU. You probably don't have to dedicate a core for Rorq + BS, so that may help balance the load. If that doesn't work, try another CPU setup.

DxNothing and VideoFX actually *increases* the load on your CPU and GPU as it's rendering a part of another client.

Also, please consider joining us in our in-game channel "ISBoxer Tavern" where we can help you in real-time.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

bugme143, might want to tell him what *is* allowed for multiboxing as well. That way he has an idea of what he will be doing. I think I know what it is, but I haven't played in so long that I wouldn't want to lead him down the wrong path on accident. Thanks.

- Souca, Getting Others to Do the Work Since 1977
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Souca View Post
    bugme143, might want to tell him what *is* allowed for multiboxing as well. That way he has an idea of what he will be doing. I think I know what it is, but I haven't played in so long that I wouldn't want to lead him down the wrong path on accident. Thanks.

- Souca, Getting Others to Do the Work Since 1977
    True. What *is* allowed is the following:

No input broadcasting.
    No cut-and-paste windows from multiple clients. Full window overlays are fine.
    No multiboxing faster than CCP Peligro's autism allows. You can't be too efficient before his autism triggers and he bans you because you're faster than he is.

The third may or may not be a joke.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Ahhh, I had thought that DxNothing and VideoFX like the ones that were used in the youtube video were absolutely fine and alright to use.

In that case I will have to rethink my strategy as to how I will multibox the accounts.

Thank you for the advice

As I said, that's only if they catch you. It's very hard to detect unless you're streaming it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojaimea View Post
    Ahhh, I had thought that DxNothing and VideoFX like the ones that were used in the youtube video were absolutely fine and alright to use.

In that case I will have to rethink my strategy as to how I will multibox the accounts.

Thank you for the advice
    The video you linked belongs to a fellow who was banned so that's not a good place to start.

Your setup while well designed is bannable as CCP considers it a modification of the client. It's ridiculous but that's how they are rolling now. In all likelihood you'll never have a problem but there will always be that chance of an arbitrary ban. Also you'll never be able to post a screenshot or video of the setup as doing so will massively increase your chances of being banned.

That's why when I played I just used isboxer as a glorified window/cpu management software.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ4LByLY5T4
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

Im running a rorq with 39 barges.
    I had some framerate issues until i figured out, that i can just open the starmap on the clients i run the barges on and scroll it to the side, so i have a basicly black screen apart from the hud and overview. Since then im doing so in every playsession, might be worth a shot for you.

Best regards

Sothis Do you have a screenshot of your Desktop.. would like to see what it looks like with all the ships