Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Multiboxing habits you caught yourself doing in solo

Running to the mailbox and I triple click my follow key, and I hit it again part way there. I take sweeping turns to avoid sharp corners and jump when I get near potential changes in terrain to shake followers free. Run over to the banker and hit my IWT key instead of right clicking. Quick scan of the top of the screen to make sure I still have my followers makes me panic at first, but I finally remember I only launched a single wow.

I was curious if others do stuff like this too. What habits have creeped into your solo play, or what embarrassing moments (trying to kill an elite with a single ice lance) have you had from forgetting you can play this game one character at a time?

- Souca Carries a Treat to Keep the Dog on Follow
    This space for rent.

The only one I've spotted myself doing consistently is trying to turn off Keymaps before typing in chat, auctioning windows, etc. The zone minimap just pops up, I realize I'm running a single toon and I feel foolish.

Oh and my F1-10 keys correspond to my character slots, swapping to each one. So if I'm tabbed out to a web browser or something, I sometimes press F1 to try and focus my game window again, but instead just open "Help" or something.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 03-15-2017 at 04:45 AM

I turned off global swapping keys. I would load a team, but sit at the character selection screen and run the wizard as I saw the teams on that screen. I use different swapping keys from default so my final step is to go through and set them in ISBoxer. I'd get to the first slot, and enter the key I wanted in the little keybind thingie, and a WoW client would pop up. The worst part was ISBoxer didn't even get to capture that keypress so I couldn't even set the swapping binds. Got tired of having to setup all the teams, close all the WoWs, and then go back and set all the swapping keybinds. I never swap from windows apps anyway, so it's not a loss for me.

- Souca Binds Backwards
    This space for rent.

I bound follow to my third mouse button and I habitually spam tha even when solo playing.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

I didn't even realize this until you posted this forum question, but I haven't played solo in years.

Not the same, but sometimes when I am watching youtube videos of other boxers I keep clicking and trying to move the camera view.

I am spamming the SetView macro even when im playing solo..

Stutter-stepping when moving out after looting corpses to make sure followers are still following.

Swinging wide around corners and when running up spiral staircases so followers don't get stuck on geometry.

Some habits are just too tightly ingrained. :P
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Redemption View Post
    I am spamming the SetView macro even when im playing solo..
    Hehe. Personally i have it bound to one keypress and i also have it bound to a separate keybind as a second step (release) on the follow button. So when i tell the slaves to follow me, their window rotates to show the view behind them.

I havent really any ingame solo things to tell about, but irl the other day at work, it was me and some doctors and a patient and someone suggested something i felt sounded clever and i loudly said "imba". Everyone stopped and looked at me and i quickly then said "sounds like a plan" and pretended like nothing had happened. I died a bit inside of laughter.

I constantly hit alt + f to make my nonexistant team follow me. I've also caught my self turning on/off broadcasting.

I caught myself looking behind me IRL to see if my followers were there. Must have been on a long grinding spree! But playing solo..who does that?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )