Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default WoW - Any reason when levelling alt accounts to not just make all Demon Hunters (or if capped) then DK's?

I mean I just levelled 4 Pali's to 90, didn't take long and my thought was to do each class but then I kinda went........why? These characters are all pretty much going to just be used for transmutes and Skygolems. Why not just make all DK's (or as I said Demon Hunters though I wonder if Bliz will allow a full account of DH's) and save myself the effort?

I guess it's all about what people like to play and also how far in the game they want to go. Hunters and shamans are pretty fun and also have been proven to be good compo for Mythics. Hence you'll see less DHs. That's not super enjoyable to end up with a compo that doesn't work for what you like as it usually takes a fair amount of time to level up your toons then gear them up a minimum. That being said, I gave a try at 5 x DH havoc. Maybe my datapoint will help you make a decision. So far they are all in the 850 and I had success finishing NL and DHT in mythic. I'm confident that I'll be able to finish the other instances in mythic as well. However, I'm not convinced yet that I'll be able to beat timers for M+2 once I start doing them (I just unlocked 3rd relic and don't have my 34 traits yet). The reason is that the DHs are heavily dependent on long ass CDs. For big packs or tough mobs, I need Nemesis + Chaos Blade which are on 2 minutes CD. Then for bosses I need Metamorphosis which is on 4 minutes CD (so better not wipe). At the end of the day, I don't regret at all to have gone for that compos, it's pretty brutal for packs. Regarding the DH creation throttling, you can create 2 per day. So it takes a bit of time. Hope this helps !

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I should have specified. These alts are largely going to be used to make gold and farm. I have 5X110 Druids which will do most of the heavy lifting. I levelled Pali's as well and will likely level atleast 1 more group from 1-90 for the bonus levels to finish off my main account, probably Monk's for the agg statue.

I can't think of a real good reason once my main account is maxed out to not just use all DH's if the game allows me to do it?

For auction/bank/craft mules? Why not. Making DHs are throttled though. So if you want to make them, it could take a few days based on your luck. Each lockout is 24 hours, but not sure what is required for a lockout to happen. I tried to create a DH and it's name was taken and then I was locked out from creating a DH for 24 hours (though it never actually tells you how long). It's BS, but Blizz won't even respond to the forum posts about it, so better to know going in and just work around it.

- Souca
    This space for rent.

I suppose it depends how and what you want to play. My "fun time" is doing wPvP so PvE content for me is a my "WoW chores" this shows with the fact I'm only ilvl 860 and have been there for around a month.

I have just started a new team of 5x Hunters and so far they are very fun, only level 20 but they seem to level very fast and the DPS seems much better than the 5x Locks I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Souca View Post
    For auction/bank/craft mules? Why not. Making DHs are throttled though. So if you want to make them, it could take a few days based on your luck. Each lockout is 24 hours, but not sure what is required for a lockout to happen. I tried to create a DH and it's name was taken and then I was locked out from creating a DH for 24 hours (though it never actually tells you how long). It's BS, but Blizz won't even respond to the forum posts about it, so better to know going in and just work around it.

- Souca
    Well, I tried to create 4 last night across the 4 new accounts (Same Bnet) and first 2 were ok and the 2nd 2 gave me the throttled error. Someone had mentioned somewhere that perhaps the starting area is full? I logged out my first 2, initially still got the error on the 2nd 2 but after about 10-15 minutes I was able to create the other 2 as well.

I guess I'll just naturally throttle adding them. I'll probably create 4 BM Hunters for fun but will make life easier by just creating a bunch of DH's.

Thanks,

My main is a BM Hunter, I could see 5X being fun, especially at 110 with Hati, that's 10 pets coming at you at once!

I believe I got Hati at 102, maybe 103. You don't get the ability to change their appearance till 110 though. It's definitely a lot for the other end to handle, but even 5 pets were. It does make looting fun since they all seem intent on standing where you are trying to click.

- Souca
    This space for rent.

I rerolled servers and tried to create 4 Demon hunters but I need a level 70 on each account to do so, instead of not thinking I created 4 hunters and 4 druids (them account still have RAF) then mixed them up so I could level up in dungeons but then I thought about just boosting them with my 5 account which is actually alot faster.

At level 70 I could create 4 Demon Hunters but I had the same problem about trottleing bullshit, just wait a few hours and u be able to create more Demon hunters, just keep trying a few hrs or.

Demon Hunters Veng (tanks) OP I just have them on the server running in highmountain farming foxflower, Ill log on an hour a day and just farm and kill or them crabs giving be my bloods from the shoulder enchant, then Ill go buy the fjarn herbs.

The only problem now is that Im addicated to leveling up toons, with 6 weeks left of RAF I still need to create some hunters and druids on the horde side >.<
    Last edited by Kojiiko : 03-17-2017 at 01:19 PM