Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Icon Team - 5 Pallie (1 Prot, 4 Ret)

Here's a Maw+2 3 chest. 10:23 was my time. This is my faster group ATM, but I'm pretty sure my hunter group will dethrone them soon.

pallies_1prot_4ret_maw_2_3.jpeg

Wonderful work.

I've been trying to decide my next team, it seems we have many viable options for mythics now.

The ret DPS is quite good compared to prot. I prefer a single target spec on them right now. You drop your focused mob ridiculously fast and still do a lot of AoE damage while you're at it. As 5 x prot I was dropping all of the trash around the same time, which was fine because you can handle the extra damage, but if there's one mob that has a mechanic (like fear) in the group, they'll die within the initial avenger's shield silence w/ 4 rets.

I prefer ranged for fun factor though, and hunters are just so strong like they are made for boxing. So if you don't have a hunter team yet, that would be my top recommendation (all 5 or 4 + 1 heal). Managing movement for those gtfo of the fire mechanics is just so much easier when you're ranged.

Boomies are also kind of fun, but in a weird way. You always end up in melee regardless, and the treants, while very handy, aren't consistent in taking aggro off you. They lack the hunter burst, so you take a beating, and they can't move out of mechanics as well (stellar drift minimizes this problem though). Once they're geared I'm going to try and drop the resto for a 5th boomie and see if I can keep up with the damage just using their crap boomy heals. I don't think they'll ever be able to handle +15s though.

I am curious how you survived, I did try 4 frost, but i am guessing its more healing available.
    Last edited by smk : 03-14-2017 at 09:50 PM

Word of Glory is OP for a 5 boxer . Also Kings, Shield of Vengeance, HoP from tank, and even FoL if you get in trouble... then there's your bubbles and LoH. I mean pally survivability and utility is ridiculous.

I really enjoyed the Retx4 and 1 Prot, until they changed Kings in a patch maybe 2 months ago? It was much strongers since you could cast 3 of them, I was able to have 4 sets of kings on my tank, and 2 on each Ret. This was a massive absorb that took out all of the dot damage or random splash damage and made the grind much smoother.
    What is your Ilvl? I also ran into an issue where I couldn't seem to get the Ret DPS up high enough to my liking.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Yes the multi-kings was pretty broken IMO. I don't use ret for progression, just for 3 chesting. They definitely are not nearly as durable as 5 prots, and can be a pita if you take a lot of AoE damage.

I'm around 870+ ilvl on them. My leader (prot) is a bit higher. They're falling behind since 7.1.5 as I've been messing with my hunters and boomies mostly.

Here's a BHR+2 3 chested. They are a pretty fun comp. Far more enjoyable than 5 x Prot IMO, and pretty great survivability thanks to dropping entire pulls during Blinding Light stuns (crazy OP).

pallies_brh_2_3.jpegpallies_brh_2_3.jpeg

Are you still running the druids or hunters more and is your hunter team still hunters and 1 shaman?

Yes, I'm running all 3, but mostly focusing on the hunters + shammy. The druids are my gathering team (herb and mine) to pay for the subs. The pallies were my first team so I play them for the weekly cache and if there's an event (also might do 5 holy in raid finder).