Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Hrappi Team - 4 x BM Hunter + 1 Resto Shaman

This is my 4 hunter + 1 shaman team. Very easy to play once you get it down. I'll post updates as I progress.

DHT+2 3 Chest:

hunterman_dht_2_3.jpeg

Maw+2 3 Chest:

hunterman_maw_2_3.jpeg.jpeg

Eye + 2, 2 Chest. I might have made the 3 chest, but I forgot to go back and kill Lady Hatecoil and insta-died when I jumped down after Deepbeard... This always happens lol. Might be better if I suck it up and kill Serpentrix w/ the wind.

hunterman_eye_2_2.jpeg

Nice work!

Does your shaman ever pull healing agro? Going into making my 5 hunter team i was going to swap out 1 hunter for a druid healer but never tried it. Would be interesting to try.
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

Yeah he does sometimes. I use growl manually to deal with it and it can get a bit hectic. The pets rarely need much healing though tbh, so it's usually from dropping totems or throwing up riptides before I actually need them. I just get lazy.

Druid is the stronger healer IMO (I use one with 4 boomies and he keeps everyone up!), but leather... Now that the gear's coming in a bit more slowly though I may swap out my shammy and try it. They're at a similar gear / AP level so it should be a good test.

Been testing out some options for the healer slot. Druid, Pally, and Shaman all feel pretty good. I think the edge might go to pally to be honest (I was expecting druid to be the best). They are just so strong and Beacon of Virtue is just silly. I haven't really been challenged too much yet, so I'm going to be running some higher stuff this tonight or tomorrow.

3-chest Maw +2 again, but with a druid:
    hunters_druid_maw_2_3.jpeg

3-chest Nelth +2, but with a holy pally:
    hunters_pally_nelth_2_3.jpeg

Today I managed to get:

* 3 chest in BRH + 2, with Shaman heals
    * 3 chest in Maw +4, with Druid heals.
    * 2 chest in Nelth +7, with Druid heals.
    * 0 chest (but finished) in HoV +7, with Pally heals. 1 shot all bosses, some of the trash pulls are rough though. Didn't occurred to me until later that I should be using binding shot.

I'm leaning towards Druid after today. I have a 2 and a 5 court of stars to try tomorrow and then maybe Karahzan before reset. HOTs are strong with Overflowing affix. Big pally heals = big overflowing absorbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rapstar View Post
    Today I managed to get:

* 3 chest in BRH + 2, with Shaman heals
    * 3 chest in Maw +4, with Druid heals.
    * 2 chest in Nelth +7, with Druid heals.
    * 0 chest (but finished) in HoV +7, with Pally heals. 1 shot all bosses, some of the trash pulls are rough though. Didn't occurred to me until later that I should be using binding shot.

I'm leaning towards Druid after today. I have a 2 and a 5 court of stars to try tomorrow and then maybe Karahzan before reset. HOTs are strong with Overflowing affix. Big pally heals = big overflowing absorbs.
    I am intrigued by this. With my current gear anything +9 and lower has gotten really easy. My issue is every week that +10 is tyrannical. I just cant outlast the damage and with most bosses with nearly 200m hp i am unable to burst it down in under a minute.

With my druid healing it may make all the difference. Please keep us posted with your achievements.

Im not worried much about pets losing agro on trash but on bosses. That is my main concern. What is your experience with this?

Also how is the healing? Do you click heal or have a gnome sequencer rotation? Do you drive from the healer or a hunter.

Lots of questions i should just try it. Thanks for posting though great to hear of your success. Keep it going!
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

Pets never lose aggro on the boss, it's just a large packs of trash problem, and even then, usually if you're just not paying attention.

The third pull in HoV (that nasty one with the dragon) is definitely rough because you'll have to heal the pet(s) quite a bit. Misdirection on pull and a growl or two might be enough /shrug. This will get better with gear as the pet gets hardier and misdirection damage gets higher, so might not even be an issue for you.

I'm still figuring it out, but I think using tenacity pets just for the nasty pulls w/ binding shot might make it a lot easier. Then just swap back.

Druid is pretty easy and mobile. I generally drop the green AoE, hot up the tank pet, and have swiftmend at the ready. Usually that's it for trash. Wild growth yourself if you're taking a lot of AoE (like mariner).

What kind of Ilvl are you at? the 2 chest +7 is awesome.

How are you using Binding shot?
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz