Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default High Sec Mining Fits

Howdy,

Fired up my eve accounts again. Currently setting up 2 sets of 5 miners, consisting of an Orca + 4 mackinaws each.

As they like to do, they just jumbled up barges again and I am having a hard time coming up with the best fits.

I am in high sec at the moment, so not super dangerous but do have to contend with gankers potentially.

Anybody have a high sec orca or mack fit they can share?

Wants are
    - Cap stable
    - no crazy expensive stuff
    - Max yield while still running a reasonable tank

Orca can boost harmonizers or whatever makes sense.

I can go poke around EFT but thought id see if somebody had the answer laying around.

Thanks.
    Currently running 10 miners in Eve Online.

First off... no on the mackinaw. Never use a mackinaw. I challenge you to give me one defensible reason to.

If you're mining in highsec, always use skiffs. Even a max yield fit skiff still boasts a 60k+ ehp tank which can discourage most small time ganking operations. As for the orca, you'll want to fit a solid tank for the same reason. You could probably work out an orca with decent drone yield but since I don't mine in HS I couldn't tell you how much of a target those are.

[Orca, Orca]
    Damage Control II
    Reinforced Bulkheads II

Large Shield Extender II
    Large Shield Extender II
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    EM Ward Field II

Mining Foreman Burst II
    Mining Foreman Burst II
    Shield Command Burst II
    Large Murky Compact Remote Shield Booster
    Large Murky Compact Remote Shield Booster
    Medium Murky Compact Remote Shield Booster

Large Transverse Bulkhead I

[Skiff, ♘ ICE]
    Ice Harvester Upgrade II
    Ice Harvester Upgrade II
    Ice Harvester Upgrade II

Drone Navigation Computer II
    EM Ward Amplifier II
    Thermal Dissipation Amplifier II

Ice Harvester II
    Ice Harvester II

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
    Medium Ice Harvester Accelerator I

[Skiff, ♘ ORE]
    Mining Laser Upgrade II
    Mining Laser Upgrade II
    Mining Laser Upgrade II

Drone Navigation Computer I
    EM Ward Amplifier II
    Thermal Dissipation Amplifier II

Modulated Strip Miner II
    Modulated Strip Miner II

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit II
    Medium Drone Mining Augmentor I
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

When you say no mack is it cause you're afraid it's going to get ganked?

When last I played, and it's been a while, I switched from hulks to macks in order to benefit from the cargo space and reduce the micromanaging that jet can mining required. So each dude despite being fleeted mines til their hold is filled and hauls themselves.

Skiff was the low yield low cargo hold high tank option eh?
    Last edited by Redbeard : 03-13-2017 at 09:01 AM

If these numbers are accurate:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...vember_update/

Skiff mines the same as mack, so the trade off is cargo space / tank.

How much tank is "enough" when we're talking about EHP?

Depends on where you mine and how much attention you're paying to the computer.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Lets just say if I was looking for gank targets, I would be ecstatic to find a fleet of mackinaws.

More tank is always better.

https://zkillboard.com/ship/22546/losses/

https://zkillboard.com/ship/22548/losses/

Take a look at skiff and mackinaw losses, and see which ones die in highsec to ganks more. Notice a pattern? You aren't making money if you're losing ships, but to be honest you should gtfo of highsec anyway.

I stay in high sec because of the perceived hassle of null sec.

Not sure if thats still how it is, but didnt have a good experience (its been like 8 years hah).

Im not a PVPer and I got tired of all the "I dont care if youre a miner, fleet up" stuff.

The vast majority of mack tanks consist of maybe a field II in the mid . Confirmed by looking at the first few kills in highsec. A single medium shield extender is not a tank lol...

I haven't played in over a year and half but when I quit a mack could tank 2 t2 catas in .5 with concord distracted quite easily while having two ice harv upgrades and an ice rig (t2 tank with 1 meta 4). With a shield harmonizer and maxed skills one could survive 3 catas but you would have to do a lot of armor repairing afterwards. In contrast a max yield skiff could laugh at all that but would require a lot more attention less you lose out on effective yield by a large amount.

I did a lot of testing after the repeater ban because I wanted to find a source of AFK income to supplement the decreased time and hourly income from incursion running. I did a lot of mining and never lost a mackinaw despite falling asleep in belts many maaaany times lol. My macks got hit several times and they even managed to get one into structure with three t2 catas in a .5 (I wasn't looking and didn't overheat anything). I did lose a retriever while afking the crap out of level 4 mining missions though. I lost MANY more retrievers to rats because I forgot to deploy drones etc.

I've been told that Code activity has dropped of substantially as of late. I saw many a code ganker during my mining trials.
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

I've never been ganked mining (knock on something). I have been ganked hauling stuff a few times.

If I can make myself unattractive without losing too much yield / convenience then thats a win for sure. I know I always feel like shit when I lose a ship, so the emotional value (for me) cannot be understated.

Think I will give the skiff a try and see how laborious the small hold turns out to be. Maybe I will go back to jetcan mining lol.
    Last edited by Redbeard : 03-14-2017 at 12:29 PM

You will spend much more time targeting new rocks then you will dragging ore. I was doing 17 hulks at one point without broadcasting, anything less is just a measure of effort.

Honestly I've been legit considering running 20 or so semi-afk mining orcas to see how well that would do.
    Last edited by EaTCarbS : 03-14-2017 at 03:39 PM