Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Recording, Streaming and Editing software - 2017.

Hi everyone.

I was wondering what software everyone was using to Record - Stream - and Edit with - most of our threads about this software are fairly old and I was hoping to get a more current list of softwares and, if possible, some of the settings that are used to record with.

Here's mine.

Currently using OBS Studio to record - however, I will be starting a weekly raid stream as soon as I get back from my next business trip (the next two weeks.) I don't have settings, because I'm on a fresh build and I haven't quite found settings that work for me. Also - Windows 10 keeps crashing on boot...so have been working through those issues

OBS is free, and very customizable. File size is dependent upon settings - but the last thing I recorded was around an hour and it is 15gb.

Editing software that I use is Vegas Pro 13. I have no idea what I'm doing with it - but it seems to work.

What other recording options are there in this the year 2017?
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Well, if you have an Nvidia card, Shadowplay is an option. I've found it incredibly light weight and fairly decent quality if you bump the bitrate up from the defaults. It's what I've used for basically all my recording in the last few years. While it can stream too, OBS is better for that since it doesn't do much beyond a direct screencapture.

Then there's of course Fraps. Great quality, massive file sizes and it is not free (although fairly cheap). Personally I don't see any real reason to use it anymore since other free softwares will offer basically the same thing.

Vegas Pro is a very good NLE, almost rivaling Adobe's Premiere Pro. It should give you all the functionality you need from an editing suite If you want to get in to a lot fancier editing, something like After Effects would be the next step to include along sideyour NLE, but it's incredibly expensive and depending on the content you wish to create, perhaps not quite necessary.

I have had "Recording Software Showdown!" on my list of videos to create for quite some time since I moved to playing at 4K because some, if not all, recording software seems to fall short in some area at this resolution. Whenever my secondary machine is finally put together (been waiting on custom cabling for almost a month now) I'll finally be back on track to work on more videos. Until then, I'll agree with what Wubsie said about recording software (assuming 1920x1080 desktop resolution). As for editing software, you'd have to find someone who has used a lot of different ones to really give a good comparison (not me), but I like the Adobe suite since I've been using it for years now.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology