Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Haven't played or multi boxed in many, many years - RAF or not?

I haven't played WOW in a long time, several expansions at least. And I haven't multi boxed in even longer.

Is there any good reasons to NOT raf (5 man teams in this case)?

Specifically do I need to learn a whole bunch of new mechanics and I would be better served leveling the toons the slower way so I can pick up the rotations and such?

Cheers,
    Matt

I think the only reason not to would be if you already have a bunch of teams and just want to enjoy the questing. Otherwise just reach 100 fast as possible, go for the RaF, I would even use the level 100 boosts. You may still get a free 100 boost when you buy legion.

The rotations are simple now, I wouldn't worry about that. More important this expansion is not standing in bad stuff.

Thanks for the info that rotations are simpler - that was on of the things I hated previously.

I'll try it without RAF and use the free boost, I'm not likely to want more than one team anyway. I can always pay to boost later if I need to I suppose.

There are other benefits to RaF besides experience. Mounts for example.

Don't forget you can't add RaF to accounts after 30 days. Not 100% on this as I always create new accounts from the RaF invites and I think this is a new thing.

I'm doing a lot of RaF teams right now and I'd prefer to get a team to 90 in about 20-24 hours played (which could be super slow for all I know) now since I can always go back and level to enjoy the quests. After you've had accounts for a while, you can't go back and get RaF bonuses. If you're gonna pay the monthly for an account, you should have as many classes on that account as possible. You never know when the class you are playing gets altered to the point its not fun. Having the other classes means you can get back to having fun instead of having to level a new team without RaF.

I'm saving my 100 boosts to boost characters on the account that won't receive RaF granted levels. With a chained RaF you level 8 teams to 90, the current RaF cap. Then you grant 4 characters to 90 on the 4 accounts that have referred a downstream account. Then you use 4 of the 100 boosts, which are applicable to all the accounts with Legion on the bnet, to give that final account 4 level 100s. You level those 4 man level 90 teams to 100 where you join up with the chars you boosted to 100. You now have 12 characters on each account at 90 or 100. Of course DK and DH mess this up some with their higher starting level, but you can adjust as needed or split across servers or factions as you see fit. Sorry if this is obvious.

- Souca
    This space for rent.