Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Simplest Healer?

Hey guys, Im just wondering what everyone feels is the simplest healer to macro? I have a resto druid now, but they have quite a few buttons to manage. Does anyone have any experience with other healers?

Like who would be the BM hunter of healers?

Resto druid is one of the simplest in my experience. I use GSE: Gnome Sequencer Enhanced : Advanced Macros.

Example usage : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMxwqx6om4w

I spam this - heavy-ish on mana but that's easy to overcome.

Code:
    Sequences['Restoration'] = {
    -- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.0.14.
      Author="Jabberie@Draka",
      SpecID=105,
      Talents = "2111322",
      Default=1,
      MacroVersions = {
        [1] = {
          StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
          KeyPress={
            "/stopmacro [channeling]",
            "/castsequence [@player] reset=combat  Efflorescence, null",
            "/cast [@focus, dead, combat] Rebirth",
          },
          PreMacro={
          },
            "/castsequence [@focus,exists][@TANKNAME,exists] reset=15/combat  Lifebloom, Regrowth, Rejuvenation, Wild Growth, Healing Touch, Healing Touch",
            "/cast [@focus,exists, combat][@TANKNAME,exists, combat] Cenarion Ward",
            "/castsequence [@focus,exists, combat][@TANKNAME,exists, combat] reset=15/combat  Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Swiftmend",
          PostMacro={
          },
          KeyRelease={
            "/cast [@focus, exists, combat][@TANKNAME,exists,combat] Ironbark",
            "/cast [@player, combat] Barkskin",
          },
        },
      },
    }
    Efflorescence gets dropped at the start of the fight and you just need to reapply that manually later.

Code:
    #showtooltip Efflorescence
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /cast [@player] Efflorescence
    Tranq is on it's own button for emergencies.
    I've yet to find a proper use for the Artifact weapon ability. Probably with tranq?

I have played a disc priest, the only healer I have tried in Legion. I've played them questing, World Quests and in dungeons.

Can it be macroed? Yes. Is it the simplest? Probably not.

I drove with the tank and had the healer just use shields and a DPS rotation, I had VFX to click for extra heals. Easy to use, just a little work to setup.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I have played a disc priest, the only healer I have tried in Legion. I've played them questing, World Quests and in dungeons.

Can it be macroed? Yes. Is it the simplest? Probably not.

I drove with the tank and had the healer just use shields and a DPS rotation, I had VFX to click for extra heals. Easy to use, just a little work to setup.
    Warrior tank with a disc healer is my second team's front line.
    Macroable with a few extra clicks for sure. Not the disc we all loved back in MoP for sure.

Will second the Resto druid. I've tried out Holy Paladin, Mistweaver Monk, and Resto Druid and it's the easiest to spam, and only use the emergencies on a different cooldown. They also have a lot of abilities the gel well since the team is usually grouped up.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

I'm using a shaman with 4 hunters and it's not bad at all. I run a spot heal build, which is just healing totem (on CD) -> Riptide -> Healing Surge -> Healing Surge -> Repeat. It really is easy, but be sure you refresh your Tidal Waves buff x 2 from Riptide.

An alternative that would be even easier but potentially mana intensive (talent for it) is drop healing totem on CD (constant uptime), chain heal, then spot heal as needed, or just keep chain healing. Since you're closely grouped 90% of the time chain heal and your totems are OP.