Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 12 of 12

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpete View Post
    I haven't learned much about fan speeds and temperatures yet, do you know any good sources of info you'd suggest I check out?
    I don't know of any sources for that, but what I mention is mostly common sense. There's no need to run the fans at their maximum speed when they can dissipate the exact same amount of heat at 20%? Normally, you would set a PWM fan curve, either in the BIOS or supplied software, which would speed the fans up at a certain temperature, or find a fan speed that's tolerable and can be used 100% of the time (rather than creating a curve). I'm guessing that either the motherboard manufacturer or Corsair provides software to configure this.

If only one EVO is being used how long of a life expectancy could/should be expected?
    The endurance of the drive is listed at 75TBW (Terabytes Written).

Assuming I don't mind using video settings that are just good enough to not die to fire.. how many accounts do you think this build could run?
    I would guess at least 5.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

So... I pretty much just finished building this exact computer - last night's raid was the first time I ran anything with it and I was mostly pleased. I'll work on a write up, maybe with some video stuff/comparisons.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!