Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Cost of starting multiple new accounts

Hi All,

Was interested in getting into some MB. Ideally want to have 5 accounts but may have to wait until a sale for that. I can't seem to find a decent answer to this question in my Google-Fu.

Legion is $50 and a basic sub is $20 with 30 days of free play. I can probably spend $100 on setting up the new accounts without too much wife aggro. Sub costs won't be an issue as these accounts will pay for themselves over time and will use tokens for each.

Do most people lay down the $250 on 5X Legion accounts? If I pay for 5X basic accounts ($100), do I still need to pay $50 each to upgrade them to Legion once they hit 100 in a few days?

Thanks all!

I just realized I'm an idiot of coarse. I can buy tokens and gift it to the other accounts. The only remaining part is really just the smartest way to do it. If I buy the $20 account do I still need to buy the $50 expansion or is just buying 4X Legion the cheapest route.

You need the base game (e.g. the Battle Chest), and the current expansion.

If you recruit accounts without upgrading them (i.e. a trial account), then after creating one character you will see a link for 50% off every time you log in, until you upgrade from a trial.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Perfect, thanks, so I can spend the $40 to upgrade 4 accounts then decide take the final plunge at 100 I guess.

Now that you can turn tokens into battle.net balance you can use that to purchase legion and even more base games.