Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default 5 x Blood Death Knights

Looking at the 7.2 PTR Blood Dks might have something going for them. While it's not 100% PTR, things can still change i've been watching the Vampiric Aura Artifact Trait evolve over time.

Each time you use Consumption (45sec CD) you and 4 allies gain 20% Leech for 15 seconds. Depending on how it interacts that's 100% leech 1/3rd of the time or staggered a constant 20% leech buff. Not to mention the 25% additional leech you gain when blood shield is up due to another trait. If all is right that's a possible 125% leech if it all stacks additive.

Then there is the other new trait. Souldrinker
    Overhealing done by Death Strike and Consumption increases your maximum health by 50% of the overheal amount, stacking up to a maximum of 30% of your health.
    With so much leech staying at max health would be rather easy, so I'd imagine this trait would cap out.

What do you guys think?

I think it definitely helps if anything. at 20% leech, if they do 400k dps each. You could either pop it all for 400k hps or 20% of that always on.
    Blood DK was already viable before, or at least it seems with 1 prot Paladin for extra spot heals.

I'd like more options in the mix and Blood DK's have a couple of utilities that are amazing for boxing such as grip
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

With this trait it may be possible without the paladin. Plus, if they do stack it'd be possible to stagger them so you get 40% almost constantly. Plus the 25% from, death strike shields, hovering around that would heal up pretty quickly i'd imagine, especially at higher gear levels. Plus, at that point extra DPS converts into healing. Maybe with this build they'll become as good as 5 paladins.

Plus the bloodworms buff and normal death strike usage could provide more healing and mitigation. Toss in Prydaz and the Vampiric Blood Belt and the corresponding talent and you have all the heal, heals for days, house of heals.

I think you can already run them without a pally prot healer so you should be fine. I also recommend going Troll on them so you can benefit from in combat regen using Fighter Chow (plus haste is nice for tanks too).

The fighter chow in combat, I'm not sure if that's actually that massive. I am currently running 5x hunters and I always use fighter chow in my mythic runs and don't notice the regen until out of combat. There must be something special with the druids.

*note, I am playing Troll Hunters.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

If the fighter chow regen is triggering in combat, it's definitely unintended and I would not rely on it, as it might be hotfixed. It would also appear that for it to work very specific conditions are needed.

I tried the Xeneres-comp (4x Blood DK + Prot Pally) for a little while, as well as 5x Blood DK and I got better results with the first. I was relying on my pro config for both setups, which for the 5x DK is very sub-optimal but I managed +5-6s within timers with relative ease. I felt the inclusion of the pally gave me more flexibility and stability. On just the DKs I needed to cycle aggro a bit for some encounters, whereas with the pally I could just hold it on my best geared DK and have the Pally keep it topped fairly easily, while the other DKs brush off any group damage that was present. The only issue was that my Pally wasn't 100% self-sustained if I had aggro on it. So, more or less, it acted as a semi-healer for the group.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 03-03-2017 at 04:30 AM Reason: Laptop decided I was done typing my post before I was ready

I have tested the fighter chow + troll regen IN COMBAT on my druids and it does indeed work. It's about 14k HPS, but my druids are only 830ish. But then again they are bears, so large health pool.

It may get changed, but IMO it's not a bug since it's just a troll passive combining w/ it, and not exactly game breaking (it's slightly less than the Ysera's heal, which isn't a big deal either). It was also posted to the forums forever ago. IMO it's staying, but we'll see I guess.

Wait what? Fighter chow can work in combat? Surely it must be a smaller version of how it works out of combat.

@Lance Yeah it works in combat for Trolls (racial). I put the breakdown and some code in this thread. http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...n-druids/page3

Thanks. Looks like it is not a huge deal but would still be useful. I've somehow ended up with 3 orcs and 2 undead so was going to sort that out anyway. Might go 5 trolls.