Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Join us for our second community #MultiboxingBootCamp event in World of Warcraft!

Dual-Boxing.com invites you to join us for a World of Warcraft newbie multiboxing team leveling event on Saturday March 4, 2017, from 1PM to 5PM EST (GMT-5).

For those of you who watched or participated in the first event (On Feb 18 we did Alliance on the Sargeras server), we're going to do more or less the same thing this time around, for the Horde!

Getting Started Workshop
    Kicking off the event, from 1PM to 2PM EST (GMT-5), I will be streaming a 1 hour "Getting Started" workshop where I will create a couple of WoW teams and configure ISBoxer accordingly. For the workshop I will be creating a 1-class team with standard configuration, and a mixed class team with Pro configuration. During this time I'll be on Discord along with members of my team to answer questions and make sure others can follow along and prepare for the in-game event! If you do have questions during the event, please feel free to ask and we can cover things in more detail as needed.

Join us on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/ISBoxer and Discord https://discord.gg/Zp5yXzC for the Workshop!

In-game Multiboxing Boot Camp Event Details
    Everyone should join the in-game chat channel: /join MultiboxingBootCamp
    Join us on Discord if you like: https://discord.gg/Zp5yXzC
    And I'll still be streaming on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ISBoxer

Server: Bleeding Hollow (US PVP)

For the in-game event we will be creating level 1 Horde characters on Bleeding Hollow (US PVP). Participants should bring 2 or more characters, but please no more than 5 for this event -- let's keep it sane!

We will meet at the Orc starting area outside of Orgrimmar at 2PM. If you want to roll toons that do not start there please feel free to create them in advance and travel to the area so you don't miss out on the fun! As we experienced during the original event, we will expect the game's phasing system to hide some players sometimes, but we will likely all bump into each other as we progress, and it is fun to interact with other multiboxers as we play along.

We do have a guild called Multiboxer on this server, just like the one on Sargeras, and staff will again be available for invites. Joining the guild is not required!

Come show off your lowbie multiboxing skills, or get help from others who know what to do! Spend a couple of hours meeting other multiboxers, playing around and preparing new teams for future community events! And seriously, feel free to join us on the Discord server for voice chat as well, we had a great time chatting at the last event (Big thanks to the people who joined in!), and there was a lot of sharing of tips and answering questions.

Souca will again be providing care packages, and mage portals will be available prior to the event.

The event ends after a few hours, but community is forever! Dual-Boxing.com staff will also be on hand to award dual-boxing.com badges for participating in the event! Find us at the event and send a message to confirm!

So... how many characters will you be bringing?
    Last edited by Lax : 02-28-2017 at 05:23 PM
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

TEACH ME, LAX! MY BODY IS READY!

With that said, I was the one who did the "research" for the starting zone, and, in case anyone is wondering, I'd like to share how I came to the conclusion as well as what to expect.

--------------------------------

1) Pandaren/Troll/Goblin: Right off the bat, these starting zones are out of the question unless everyone wants to be roll characters of that race because you cannot do anything in those zones if you're not that race (NPCs either won't talk to you or you can't reach that area unless you're that particular race). I think it's safe to assume that most people won't want to all roll the same race for the event (which is completely understandable), so these choices were nixed from the beginning.

2) Tauren: This was my first choice for the event because Mulgore is absolutely beautiful—both the atmosphere and the environment are calm and serene, which I think make this zone great. Unfortunately, there were two issues.

First, the obvious issue is that, for those who don't have the heirloom mount, traveling around this zone is quite tedious—there is a lot of back and forth from hub to quest area, and some might be turned off by this.

Second, as a non-Tauren race, I found myself stuck without quests after the first hub with zero breadcrumbs on where to head next. After venturing north on my own to another hub, I was given three new quests, but again, everything stopped after that. So, with those two negatives, I decided that Mulgore probably wasn't the best zone to do the event in.

3) Undead: Deathknell was fine as an early starting zone, but the moment you leave Deathknell there are quests which I feared could lead to heavy bottlenecks with multiboxers in the area.

Immediately upon leaving Deathknell you're given a quest to gather 10 pumpkins, and with a five man team that's a total of 50. Now, while the pumpkins have an adequate respawn time, but there aren't even 50 pumpkins to start off, so if us multiboxers were out there sharing the area along with other solo players, this quest area was going to be a huge bottleneck.

Shortly after the pumpkin quest you're given another ground collection quest, but this time it's for three different items in three different areas. Two of the three items require you to be underwater to gather them, both of which have barely enough available for a five man team, and the third item lacks enough for a full party, so, again, we'd probably be stuck standing around waiting for respawn on these items since these quests are given to you before you even reach Brill.

With the potential for such huge bottlenecks causing people to be standing around for an extended period of time, I decided that this probably wasn't where we wanted to do this.

4) Blood Elf: While I didn't do a test run of this area along with the others, I'm very familiar with this starting zone, regardless. The biggest drawback to the BE starting area is that it's so popular, and there's no shortage of solo players who we'd be sharing the zone with. This, by itself, is likely going to slow things down since there are several kill-collection and ground-collection quests throughout all of these areas. Also, upon reaching Ghostlands, traveling without the heirloom mount becomes fairly tedious and because the BE starting zones are still mostly intact from the days of The Burning Crusade, the flow of questing is very unfriendly unless you're familiar with the area.

5) Orc: At first, I didn't think that this area would be worth our time, but seeing as both Mulgore and Tirisfal had fallen short, I decided to give it a try. To my surprise, it's very simple and straightforward, with only a small potential for bottlenecks early on.

I found that there's a cactus apple ground collection quest early on, and while it's not all that bad because it covers such a large area, it can be skipped all together. In fact, several of the quests near the end of the Orc starting area can be entirely skipped, and the NPCs in the next hub (not Razor Hill) will still talk to you.

Now, once you reach Razor Hill, there is one quest where you need to collect artifacts from chests, and this will be an area where there could be some bottlenecks since: 1) there aren't enough chests for a five man team, and 2) the respawn time is a little long. However, it's far enough ahead (two whole hubs) that I felt we'd likely be spread out enough by then, and the bottleneck would be minimized.

--------------------------------

So, there's my breakdown of the starting areas and how I came to the conclusion that the Orc starting area was probably going to be the friendliest in terms of player volume and potential bottlenecks. My original idea was that I'd do the test runs, see which ones were the best, and if there was more than one zone which felt good, then I'd leave it to the community and call for a vote on where we wanted to go. Unfortunately, the Orc starting zone was the only one which, by far, stood out the most, so there wasn't much need for a vote.

Also, regardless on whether or not you use ISBoxer, like to play Horde, or even plan to keep your characters after the event, you're more than welcome to join. While I'll be rolling a team for the event, I'm mostly an Alliance guy (blue faction, best faction), so I'll mostly be playing my teams on Sargeras where I've got way more teams already created.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

What, no PowerPoint slides or graphs? Not sure I can take this information seriously without them.

All kidding aside, awesome job with this and thanks for taking all the time and initiative to do this. I saw all the bnet spam, so I know how much work and time this actually took. I owe you a pre workout shake.

- Souca Just Leveled Mages
    This space for rent.

You really need an EU rep so we can also have cool events #sadface

That's me, though I'd love to have a helper that lives in the EU. This is why I've been asking about EU servers and places to found a guild. It will be a little bit of time before I can start leveling a team over there as I'm in the middle of a RaF right now, but if some time opens up and I have the funds, I'll get started earlier. I do plan on getting a single account going in the next week, or sooner, so I can at least start to have a presence and set up the guild. I haven't forgotten you guys, and in fact a silly slogan I came up with the other day was "We Love yEU!".

I'll start a thread tomorrow or the day after so we can settle on a server and get things rolling. Thread as promised: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...holding-events

- Souca has a Passport
    Last edited by Souca : 03-01-2017 at 05:52 PM Reason: Adding link to EU guild post
    This space for rent.

About 3 hours to go. See you guys there
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

Heyya, have two level 1 troll druids in Darkspear Shore but I never play horde and don't know how to get them to the Orc starting area if I tried : /

Is there someone on Bleeding Hollow I can whisper for a ride or a summon? Thanks!

Kevßox and Elßow

Thanks everyone, the event was great.

The Orc starting area went better than the Dwarf starting area. I don't think we generally had phasing issues like we did with the first event, though there was definitely phasing.

We had 55+ toons online in the Multiboxer guild, which was pretty cool -- thanks to everyone that joined the in-game fun. More people chatted with us on Discord this time, big thanks for the conversation, and the questions that were asked in text chat on Discord and Twitch as well.

Souca is preparing to organize EU events and a guild as well. Thanks Souca for your help with all of this, and of course for handling the care packages and raffle! (Congrats to the winner!)
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

Awesome turn out and an awesome event!

Just to make sure everyone gets their participation badges, which Lax will get done RealSoonNow (TM), Iwanted to make sure I had everyone who was there accounted for.

The first list is for people who I have their forum names, which I will not list in case you don't want it public. You should be good and do not need to do anything.

The second list is people who I saw there, but do not have a forum username for. If you gave it to me and I lost it, I apologize. Please send me your username vi PM and I will make sure you are on the list.

In both cases, sorry if I got your name wrong, I was writing things down pretty fast.

People Whom I Have Usernames For
    KevBox
    Rakpo
    Azgol
    Bosley
    Ridosaw
    Txtrcr
    Oziam
    MickiClone
    Ragzwara

People Who Need to Get Usernames to MeKojikob
    Lilli