Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default LF Tank (US horde)

Hi everyone. This might seem like a strange place for this, but I wanted to reach out to you all. I currently raid lead a fairly casual group (10/10N, 1/10H) that raids once a week. It seems that I'm losing my offtank and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in solo boxing a tank for us. I've been running 2x hunters in my raids and am having a blast. I wouldn't be adverse to adding a couple more dps to the group either. The current raid, Nighthold is pretty well do able on multiple DPS toons, but since there are quite a few tank mechanics, I would have trouble bringing my tank in while DPSing on my hunters.

Anyhow -

We raid on Tuesday evenings at 8:00pm eastern time, and we run for 4 hours a week.

Ilvl requirement is around 870 for tanks. DPS requirement really is just be over 300k single target (I'm pushing 400-500k on my hunters.)

Hope to hear from someone!
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Just wondering what your dps rotation is on the hunters and ilvl?

I've been doing LFR and it seems on boss fights I am hovering around 300k with 855-860 ilvl, feel like it should be more.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

I do understand that for raiding you do need a certain standard, but how about inviting everyone and helping them get to the level and skill you want from them rather than this exclusion attitude.

This is just the sort of thing I think that is wrong with wow today, and the reason I started Boxing. ( I was excluded from my guild when everyone started using teamspeak, I have hearing damage and I can not understand peeps online, they kind of forget I was the guild healer for the previous 5 years and were quite happy with my healing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dadjitsu View Post
    I do understand that for raiding you do need a certain standard, but how about inviting everyone and helping them get to the level and skill you want from them rather than this exclusion attitude.
    Er...

That's a pretty fair statement. I can definitely understand the benefits of promoting inclusion as opposed to exclusion, which is part of the reason why I actually reached out to the MB community for this raid, since it is actually mostly easily multiboxed (at least, as ranged) With that said...I never once said that I wouldn't bring someone that wasn't performing. I can understand the rejection of the word, "requirement" instead of the usage of guideline...

However, DPS requirements are a thing...if a boss has 10 million HP and enrages in 10 minutes - the raid has to be able to do a minimum of 1 million DPS per minute. In my raid group, players that aren't performing at peak are typically brought through farm content (which in this case is about 8/10N in NH) and hopefully they get the experience and gear that they need to be able to reach the minimum performance threshold for the more difficult fights.

Tank effective health is based off of ilvl and proper usage of active mitigation - without a proper ilvl - a tanks EH and survivability in some of the fights would be problematic.

If someone said, "Hey! I'm really interested in joining your raids! But, my tank's ilvl isn't quite up to what you mentioned in your post." I wouldn't dismiss them, I would say, "Hey! Awesome, are you willing to put the time into your character to be able to join with the group? If so, lets go run some mythic+, EN, and ToV so we can get you where you need to be." Same with DPS.

So what I'm really saying, is that if a player wants to be included - at least in this case - they just need to communicate that they are interested, and willing to commit to the time requirement.

I was excluded from my guild when everyone started using teamspeak
    This sucks, and I'm really sorry that you had this experience. Sounds like your guild, that was pretty decent, went kind of shitty on you. A lot of us have had that happen. In fact, I quit raiding for about 4 years and exclusively multiboxed because I got tired of managing the guild drama.

but how about inviting everyone
    Right now, I'm am inviting everyone. If someone can't get 300k DPS or whatever iLVL or whatever, I never said "I won't bring them." It just requires communication - and I apologize for not making that clear in my OP. I do, however, have a responsibility to the 20 other members in my raid to ensure that we can continue to progress.

This is just the sort of thing I think that is wrong with wow today
    And this is where I have to disagree, most heartily. I haven't really had the opportunity to get to know you, as a player or as a person - and likewise, you haven't had the opportunity to get to know me. I am 100% for inclusion. I bring players to my raids that don't perform with the expectation that continue to work on their class/spec/gear to increase their performance.

During wrath, gearscore was king - absolutely. I remember not being brought to heroic ToC because my tank only had 40k hp. It sucked. As a players we take pride in what we spend time doing. Hobbies, jobs, etc.

Now, with Legion and the availability of groups - it's fairly easy to find a group that is willing to allow some wiggle room in terms of performance - it's up to the player themselves if they want to include themselves or not.
    Last edited by Xixillia : 02-25-2017 at 06:10 PM

A casual, once a week raid guild that's open-minded with a multiboxing member sounds great. I don't have a toon geared enough anyway, but if my time zone and work schedule were different, I'd be interested. I hope you find someone here. Good luck.

I wont be able to join you, but I did want to say your guild and request sounds great. I love hearing about boxer friendly raiding. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    Just wondering what your dps rotation is on the hunters and ilvl?

I've been doing LFR and it seems on boss fights I am hovering around 300k with 855-860 ilvl, feel like it should be more.
    My current rotation on my hunters depends on what fight I'm looking at.

If it's a single target fight I use talents (BM) - 2,1,1,2,1,1,2

With a rotation that prioritizes cooldowns over non cooldowns - i.e KC, dire beast, MoC, and the artifact weapon. I use BW on CD.

If it's a cleave fight I use talents (BM) - 3,1,1,3,1,3,2 - same idea use CD's first, then multishot

At ilvl 860 I did 308k DPS on Guarm (single target) so I would say that you're doing pretty well at 300k at the 855-860 ilvl bracket.

Here's my log for that fight

and here's a link to a tool I utilize to increase my effectiveness.

My hunters (Aphaea and Aeani) are currently iLVL 884 and 890. Here's a link to our most recent raid. Over the last month of raiding my DPS has increased nearly every week. Due to gear (I got 4pc on both hunters this week!) and tweaks that I've made with my rotation and ISboxer stuff.
    Last edited by Xixillia : 02-25-2017 at 09:31 PM