Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Keymaps for other action target groups activating :(

Having an issue where my keymaps for my 5x hunter team are activating for my 2x hunter team. Separate teams, separate target action groups.

Any thoughts?
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Probably gonna need to post your config.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Probably gonna need to post your config.
    I was afraid of that

My config is probably horrible in comparison.

Here it is

First guess was going to be your keymap toggler as the problem. It's activating both the 2x hunters and 5x hunters keymaps for everyone. Try changing the "2x hunters Key Map 'On' -> all" target to "Group (all of) 2x hunters" and the 5x hunters keymap on to "Group (all of) 5x hunters" and see if that fixes it. The ATGs won't apply unless you specify them in either the macro or the action's target.

That said, I have mine set up basically the same as yours and don't see the same problem, though I'm using a pro config.

Something else you can do is set up a mapped key for the 2x hunter team:

In key map 2x hunters:
    --> Mapped key "Init 2x Hunters"
    -------> New Target Group Action: Leave group "5x hunters" -> Aphaea
    -------> New Target Group Action: Leave group "5x hunters" -> Aeani

Then in the 2x Hunters character set -> General tab -> Perform this mapped key when character set is loaded or unloaded -> Init 2x Hunters.

You can flesh that out so it adds the right ones to the ATG and removes the others, and add another mapped key to the 5x hunters group that does the opposite.

See if that cleans it up.

Another option is to set the Key Map blacklist/whitelists on your Character Set. That way you don't need to change your Activate Maps - for a given team, just set the blacklist of which ones you don't want loaded, or a whitelist of the ones you do want loaded.

Last edited by mbox_bob : 02-19-2017 at 09:57 PM

I used to use the whitelist option. Once I got enough characters/character sets, I had a few cases where I couldn't understand why some ATG actions weren't working properly. Turns out I had some misconfigured whitelist stuff. Just seemed easier debug with everything out in the open in the keymap actions rather than hidden in another sub-tab.

To-may-to, to-mah-to, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Try changing the "2x hunters Key Map 'On' -> all" target to "Group (all of) 2x hunters" and the 5x hunters keymap on to "Group (all of) 5x hunters" and see if that fixes it. The ATGs won't apply unless you specify them in either the macro or the action's target.

I only had time to try this out. It kind of worked - but if I de-activate keymaps and re-activate them the issue presents itself. :P

I'll fiddle with it some more tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mbox_bob View Post
    Another option is to set the Key Map blacklist/whitelists on your Character Set. That way you don't need to change your Activate Maps - for a given team, just set the blacklist of which ones you don't want loaded, or a whitelist of the ones you do want loaded.

This worked perfectly! I'm concerned about what ugh mentioned - but right now I'm really only playing on two teams - so if I add more I might look at sustainability.

THANKS!

Great!

And you know, this did get me thinking, I've seen a few odd corner cases with a few of the round-robin macros on my two resto druids when they're grouped with my other caster team. Might be something related going on there that gets mostly ignored in the other groups because they use generic single-spell buttons in the round-robin macros instead of explicit ISBoxer macros.