Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 19 of 19

Well any pet can be a tank pet now you just have to change their spec from ferocity to tenacity.

I like Quilen for my tanking pets because they can battle rez my other characters and they have a strong defensive cooldown called Stone Armor. When they fall below 40% hp they take 30% less dmg and regen 3% of their hp every 1 sec for 8 sec.

This may or may not be as good as a turtle for tanking but it has battle rez AND a defensive cooldown. This is why i use 5 of them.
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Well any pet can be a tank pet now you just have to change their spec from ferocity to tenacity.

I like Quilen for my tanking pets because they can battle rez my other characters and they have a strong defensive cooldown called Stone Armor. When they fall below 40% hp they take 30% less dmg and regen 3% of their hp every 1 sec for 8 sec.

This may or may not be as good as a turtle for tanking but it has battle rez AND a defensive cooldown. This is why i use 5 of them.
    Alright i've got Quilens will give it a shot when i've done some more WQ's and completed the order hall thingy

I use all tenacity pets. I know davidmage uses 2 tank pets and 3 dps pets. I could not tell you which one is better or worse. I guess its just preference.
    That's what I use. Think davidmage uses 1 tank and 4 dps. Another great video btw keep up the good work.

Trailblazer bugs on some of my Hunters.. it goes off and doesn't come back - only a relog fixes it :/

A couple of macros I use:

Volley (if you use as it's a toggle). Volley falls off due to dying - without this macro volley would be turned off on some and on for others.

Code:
    /castsequence volley, null
    also pet stuff:

Code:
    /assist focus
    /cast [target=pet,exists,nodead] Misdirection
    /cast mend pet
    /petattack

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Trailblazer bugs on some of my Hunters.. it goes off and doesn't come back - only a relog fixes it :/[/CODE]
    Same..Ill get rid of it once flying is in.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I am thinking of doing this as well. I was using one turtle, one core hound ( for lust) and 3 Quilens. But having the 5 BRs is nice and that stone armour is nice as well. I can use drums for lust 8)
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

So i have got 4 hunters, what would u say to use as fifth? i got a 860 Paladin, and a 820 DK as tanks

Oh those Quilen sounds really nice. I will definitely replace my crane and maybe some of the off tank turtles with those.

And I'm using 1 Tenacity pet and 4 Ferocity for anyone wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by darkdefiled View Post
    So i have got 4 hunters, what would u say to use as fifth? i got a 860 Paladin, and a 820 DK as tanks
    Since we are not able to queue up as 5 hunters for the timewalking weekly i threw 2 of my prot paladins in the group. I mained the hunters and just let the pallies iwt to the mobs. I was surprized how well it worked and didnt have to worry about gaining agro on the hunters. Im sure any tank with lots of self healing would work just fine.
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!