Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Patch 7.2

Hybrid View

Default Patch 7.2

Patch 7.2

PvP

looks like they added pvp resilience back @ 40% that other players can do dmg to you, this is great for wpvp!

should give less dmg we need to take

REMOVED!

Keystone stuff *(looks for for boxing)*

• Mythic Keystone Dungeons
    • Added 60 seconds to the Black Rook Hold timer.
    • Killing Cove Seagulls should now add Enemy Forces credit.
    • New Affix: Bursting (level 4)
      • When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 10% of their maximum health in damage over 4 seconds. This effect stacks.

• New Affix: Fel Explosives (level 7)
      • Creatures have a chance to summon an Explosive Orb at a nearby location that will explode, inflicting damage of 50% of the player’s maximum health.

• New Affix: Quaking (level 7)
      • Periodically, players will Quake, inflicting damage of 20% of the player’s maximum health and interrupting spell casts of themselves and nearby allies.

• New Affix: Grievous (level 7)
      • While below 90% health, players are afflicted with Grievous Wound.

• The Overflowing affix has been removed.
    • The Bolstering affix range has been reduced to 30 yards (was 45 yards).
      • Developers’ notes: The intent of this change is to allow players more opportunities for crowd control.

• Necrotic Rot will now expire after leaving combat. Duration reduced to 8 seconds (was 10 seconds).
      • Developers’ notes: This should eliminate the situation where players were waiting for Necrotic to fall off after killing enemies, and it should give tanks more opportunities for resets while in combat.

• Skittish threat reduction has been lowered to 75% (was 80%).
    • Fortified damage bonus lowered to 30% (was 40%).
    • Tyrannical damage bonus lowered to 15% (was 20%).
    • Sanguine radius increased to 8 yards.
    • Mythic Keystones can now direct you to Lower Karazhan, Upper Karazhan, and the Cathedral of Eternal Night.
    • Artifact Power rewards for Mythic Keystone dungeons have been adjusted:
      • Longer dungeons, such as Halls of Valor, now award a proportionately higher amount of Artifact Power.
      • Shorter dungeons, such as Maw of Souls, now award a proportionately lower amount of Artifact Power.
      • Artifact Power bonuses have been added to your weekly chest rewards. These increase based on the highest level Mythic Keystone you completed
    Last edited by ebony : 02-26-2017 at 01:16 AM

I'm interested to see how this affects world pvp teams. At first glance it makes healers more powerful, and dying inside of one DH AoE stun is much more unlikely.

I'm not sure if this pushes melee non-tank DPS into the 'viable' category, for me, but I'm going to have to think on it.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

It would appear that perhaps we might be creeping closer to the top players in gear or atleast have a chance to. I can't find an actual source, but Preach in this video mentions that come 7.2, clearing a Mythic +10 will now award the highest possible reward in the Challenger's Cache, where as it used have a requirement of +15. Yes, it still requires a lot of work to consistantly clear +10s, especially with the other changes to them, but I don't see it being outside the realm of possibility and definitely gives a nice goal to aim for each week.

At 860 ilevel, my Blood DKs do about 300k DPS against raid mobs (NH trash). I've never tried the M+ stuff because I figured there was no way I was going to beat timers... Maybe I should give it a go.

Anybody know when the 40% damage reduction against players will hit live?

Don't think it goes live until actual 7.2 hits, unfortunately.

Aaaaaand they reversed course--There will be no 40% damage reduction in the open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    Aaaaaand they reversed course--There will be no 40% damage reduction in the open world.

ofc Healers are going to be to Strong........

After continued discussion, as well as player feedback, we've decided not to go ahead with these changes in Patch 7.2. That includes the Healer change I mentioned earlier, as well as the rest of the changes that the OP mentioned.

We recognize that there's a problem with World PvP right now, and we do want to find ways to make some improvements there, but these changes would have been far too disruptive to balance in instanced PvP
    Last edited by ebony : 02-26-2017 at 01:20 AM

Yeah, they decided NOT to do the 40% damage reduction in world pvp. Not-tanks are pretty iffy right now, at least on super populated servers.

I think they are stating "it will break instanced PvP" as the reason for the u-turn.. don't understand why they can not just apply it to non-instanced PvP.

They admit wPvP is broken but at the same time state it's functioning as they hope with it being inherently unfair and getting friends grouped to take down a single decent geared player etc.

I do get that and think it's part of the fun, but current state of things is far from fun. My toons are medioca gear ~860 ilvl 5x and some DH can still almost take me out in their meta, so fast it's very difficult to change the outcome. Things seem to have got better, and with gear I can handle them but 1vs5 IMO should not be as hard a fight as it is.

Guardian Druid, just have real problem. I can only take out a good Guardian if I catch them unaware and burst on a stun. No idea how they do it, should play the class but when they actively tank my toons they seem to stick at 95-100% HP the whole time whilst slowly (or fast sometimes) AoE damaging my entire team.

I'm tempted to start a full DPS team but torn bewtween hunter and lock ^_^ - just don't know if I can invest the time to level up from 1.