Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Looking for help tracking rotations/backing up UI settings?

I'm running a quad-box with 3 background dps and 1 main window tank setup with my best friend handling heals/positioning DPS while I handle doing both rotations.

I currently use Shift to separate the two rotations but I need to track my DPS specific dots/debuffs/buffs/stacks. I wanted to know if there was a way to notify the main account of these things or if there is a better way to separate doing two rotations rather than a modifier.

For example. My Death Strike on my Blood DK might be linked to Chaos Bolt on my Warlocks which should only be used at specific times. I really need to track my soul shards to use my rotation. I also need to alternate commands based on the wait time between GCD. My pinky gets tired after awhile.

My final question is related to storing addon settings. For some reason WoW likes losing my settings into the void and it's an hour long endeavor to reconfigure everything.

Oh and is there an addon for interacting with doodads or is it best just to set up a region? For example. Picking up the boxes in HFC Ramparts.
    Last edited by Aerynth : 02-16-2017 at 06:42 PM

Blog Entries

IWM is probably your best way to interact with doodads (especially if you have click to move turned on).

Why do you need to separate your tank and dps rotations? Generally you push one button and it does the single target rotations for all toons, and another button that does the aoe rotations for all toons.

I personally use grid and just add a buff icon to the buff I'm tracking, but you probably also want to consider a lazy rotation option that might be lower dps but easier to handle (assuming you'll have gotten a proc for whatever every 15 seconds and trying to cast it then).

Because I'm running multiple classes there are overlapping keys but some things should only be used at a specific time and they don't sync up so I need to track resources/buffs/debuffs/stacks

I believe Luxlunae is refering to an ISBoxer Pro Config (or equivalent for whatever software you run), and I gather you're essentially using direct key broadcasting and simply trying to get the keys to have similar CD / effect spells ingame and having some spells on separate binds.

The benefit of the pro configuration is that you essentially get separate rudamentary rotations for each spec/toon that are all triggered by the same key. So for example you'd just spam your 2 key but instead your tank would be cycling through 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3, and your DPS doing 3-3-4-3-3-4 or whatever. This is a very basic example, but you get the idea.

Another solution would be to use an addon like Gnomesequencer to handle some rotations for you, which essentially does the same thing, cycling through some spells as set up in the config. I would assume both will have fairly similar end results.

As far as tracking buffs and cooldowns, there are loads of addons out there that could be beneficial. Personally I've used Weakauras, Ora3 and just adding specific buffs to appear on my raid/party frame in Shadowed Unit Frames.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 02-18-2017 at 03:43 AM Reason: I can not write to save my life.

Oh! Yeah, I use ISBoxer but I've never messed around with the Pro Config I've just started doing mythics using two set of keybinds, Thanks! I'm also having a hard time finding a good guide on IWM.
    Last edited by Aerynth : 02-19-2017 at 08:54 AM