Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: 5x Hunters

2 chest CoS +4. So much easier without the Teeming affix i had last week. Having a blast with this team that's for sure! If you are looking for a super fun team this is it.

5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

I was searching your posts, looking for any set up info. Was wondering if you could share your set up? talents..how you handle your rotations etc. Damn impressive with what your accomplishing ( you and David ).
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I was searching your posts, looking for any set up info. Was wondering if you could share your set up? talents..how you handle your rotations etc. Damn impressive with what your accomplishing ( you and David ).
    Absolutely! Here is from another post that i made earlier this week.

2-1-3-3-3-1-2

is my talent setup.

15: Way of the Cobra seems to be more dps than the other 2 and cobra shot hits really hard so why not buff it some more

30: Stomp is also a huge dps increase especially when you grab your 2pc bonus from night hold. chimera and dire frenzy dont really match up imo

45: trailblazer for movement speed.

60: I swap between Bestial Fury and Bink strikes depending on the encounter. They are both solid choices though.

75: I use intimidation on round robin for troublesome mobs like beginning mobs in BRH that dot they put on you us brutal.

90: A murder of crows i have in my normal rotation trash don't live longer than 15 sec most of the time so 5m+ dmg over 15 sec and it resets if you kill the mob before it falls off. Its always up. I hear volley can be good but i like the single target dmg of crows.

100: Killer Cobra- this is where a lot of your burst comes from when you hit Bestial Wrath. Just cobra shot, Kill command over and over for huge burst.

Def get some tank pets in there and make sure you misdirect to them. This will help with your agro a ton.

Also grab an addon called pawn. It will tell you if items you get are upgrades for the spec you are playing. Helps taking the thinking out of it when you have 2 items that are close.

Rotation: BM rotation is super simple. I spam kill command, Dire Beast, A Murder of Crows and this macro

#showtooltip
    /cast [@pet,exists,nodead] Mend Pet; Revive Pet
    /cast [@pet,nodead,noexists] call pet 4
    /petattack

This macro will call your pet if its dead and if not it will heal it on cooldown. This macro will not summon your pet if your hunter dies. So i have a seperate call pet macro for when a hunter dies.

I handle cobra shot and multi shot manually so i can swap between the two how i see fit.

Pets: I like Quilen for my pets because they can battle rez my other characters and they have a strong defensive cooldown called Stone Armor. When they fall below 40% hp they take 30% less dmg and regen 3% of their hp every 1 sec for 8 sec.

This may or may not be as good as a turtle for tanking but it has battle rez AND a defensive cooldown. This is why i use 5 of them.

I have Brez setup with healbot. I just swap to a character that has rez off cooldown and click my healbot frame to rez someone.

I will also direct you to David's post as there is very good information there as well.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...ters-info-page

Any other questions feel free to post em up or contact me in game. names are in my Sig.
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-24-2017 at 08:04 PM Reason: Formatting

I really struggle with this decision, on one hand I really like the simplicity of the 5 dps set up, all uniform skills etc. I like the higher dps options, but how is running 5 hunters without the ability to use the holy trinity dungeon que?

Aside from leveling all the highest dungeons (Mythic+) need to be run to anyway. Once you are 840+ geared you will not do heroics or at least i find no need for the 825 gear they drop.

I do agree not being able to queue for timewalking dungeons is a little irritating but i just throw 2 paladins in with 3 hunters then 2 hunters in with my remaining 3 paladins. 10 dungeons later all is well.

Just to clarify, you spam this in your rotation? The spamming of mend pet does not hurt your dps? Or do you find that not spamming it results in pets dying to often?

#showtooltip
    /petattack

Thank you for your great posts/videos btw! im having fun with my hunters! only 830ish GS atm
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-24-2017 at 08:04 PM Reason: Formatting

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Just to clarify, you spam this in your rotation? The spamming of mend pet does not hurt your dps? Or do you find that not spamming it results in pets dying to often?

#showtooltip
    /petattack

Thank you for your great posts/videos btw! im having fun with my hunters! only 830ish GS atm
    I'm sure it hurts my dps a bit but its one more thing i don't have to worry about. If it gets to the point where it is hindering my progression i can always take it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    I'm sure it hurts my dps a bit but its one more thing i don't have to worry about. If it gets to the point where it is hindering my progression i can always take it out.
    I've found that having it round robin'd through the ATG actually has a positive impact on DPS, while still triggering a pet rez if need be.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

I was trying to run a protection paladin, holy paladidn and 3 bm hunters. I definitely find that too hard to do, the healing sucks on the holy paladin, at least for me, my guy isn't geared up. Might go to 5 hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Xixillia View Post
    I've found that having it round robin'd through the ATG actually has a positive impact on DPS, while still triggering a pet rez if need be.
    I have a pet or two die on some bosses..sometimes i don't notice it right away..so I'm 100% positive this will help my dps lol.