Close
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Showing results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: 5x Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by KenLeeZA View Post
    Hey Void,

I am having a lot of fun with my hunter team. I have my 5 guys set up and running fairly smoothly.

i am struggling to get through some dungeons though. particularly with controlling the 5 during certain boss fights where i need to move around a lot to dodge etc.

How do you handle this? simply with the follow command?

and how do i set up the formations?
    Hey KenLeeZA good to hear that you are progressing well!

I agree some of the fights can be troublesome with movement. Which fights are you having trouble with in particular? What difficulty are you working on? What ilvl is your gear?

I use follow mainly but also setup a strafe left and right key. This will get you out of most bad mechanics much quicker than following.

There are sample formations in the ISBoxer toolkit under Base hotkeys. I use the Line formation to spread my characters. All you need to do is setup a hotkey that you want to use to perform the spread and make Make sure your movement keys are configured correctly under Variable Keystrokes.

It is fairly self explanatory from that point but if you need additional assistance i could probably post a couple screenshots to help you on your way.
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

My teams ilvl is still fairly low the highest is sitting at 850 with the lowest being around 829. So I'm working the gear side of things in Broken Shore.

I am trying to do normal and heroic dungeon runs. Mostly normal at this stage trying to get used to all the mechanics of different fights etc.

tHe biggest problem i have is moving he whole team out of "fire" so I think I also need to do the stage setup. If you could elaborate on this a bit I would be very grateful. As I am still rather unfamiliar with what all IsBoxer is capable of. If I may ask what keys did you assign them to? And are your standard movement keys WSAD?

As for the formations ions I will have a look at it under the variable keys section and try to figure it out. Shouldn't be too difficult.

another question I have is a about the click boxes? Can you setup more than just the 1 through =? Like it would be in the vanilla UI?

There are two main formations that help me avoid mechanics; line formation and just normal avoidance using strafe keys + up/down.

Formation #1 - Line Formation.
    I know there is one already setup in ISBoxer, however I use my own as it for no reason, regardless it helps spread the toons where I see fit (and however I wish). It starts off by setting up two different keybinds; I use insert and delete. I'll show an image how you setup the keybinds followed by a print screen of how I set mine up in ISBoxer. To perform this spread, you begin by pressing insert followed by delete (whatever the two keybinds you use to setup).

Formation #2 - Movement Keys.
    Now, my movement keys for my other toons besides the main are literally the arrow keys (up, down, left and right) and correspond to the keys at which they represent. So up is up, down is down, left is strafe left and right is strafe right.

When it comes to setting up in ISBoxer, you need to make sure you tick the box that makes it press the keybind when held down. This will make sure that they keep performing that action until you release the actual button which is what you're after when performing movement keys. There are other formations but I haven't really found them necessary for any boss fight. I heard that someone uses star formation to defeat Serpentrix; the point here is if you deem it useful then it is, it's your setup.

Line Formation (5 man).png
    Movement Keys (Also applies to Line Formation).PNG

Another thing that came to mind was making your toons jump, this is useful especially for the first boss in CoS. In the Movement Keys image at the top you'll see an 'Others Jump'. It seperates the toons jumping while at the same time enables me to make all my toons jump. For the main I just press space bar while the other ones I press control + space bar.

As far as the click boxes, I cannot help you there. I know minimal on the subject to portray an accurate opinion to help. Hopefully the formation/movement aspect helped though. If you have any additional questions, by all means ask away. I'll try get back when I can.

Thanks Chib for responding to Ken. Unfortunately (or fortunately) for me i have taken a promotion recently which pretty much killed my wow time completely. I will most likely be shutting down the accounts. Hopefully in the future i may be able to return and play again but as of right now all of my focus is required for RL.

Good luck hitting your goal of a +20 Chib. I cant wait to see the footage of that one. Hopefully someone else can push the 5 hunters to an amazing level as well. My best was +13 with Rsham+4 hunts.

/enters lurker mode

All the best with your promotion, hope it works out for you man! I'll fork some time and get some additional combinations to keep things rolling for me, having one combination for M+ is just.. killing the vibe for me somewhat. It'll more so be focussed on healer/tank interchanges as opposed to opting out hunters, they're pretty spot on for now. >

What dungeons have you found work best for a team of 5 hunters?

<Peeks from the shadows> Where are all the hunter teams at?!

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    <Peeks from the shadows> Where are all the hunter teams at?!
    I completely understand that this is your own thread, but at a time where people are thirsty for knowledge about classes in the pre-patch of an expansion that's about to go live in 2 weeks, it just creates confusion when people are looking for relevant information and there's a 14-month old thread now thrown back into the mix. With that said, I'm going to lock this thread, and suggest that new class threads be created if people wish to continue to discuss a class, for Battle for Azeroth, moving forward.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology