Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 15 of 15

Oh i c, Well I still havent bought the hardware for an extra 170 dollars I can get thet GTX 1070 for the future I wouldnt have to fork out again when the next expansion comes out for wow.

On the side note, Window Home and Window Pro not much difference (gaming wise) if Im only upgrading my window for the sake of upgrading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiiko View Post
    Oh i c, Well I still havent bought the hardware for an extra 170 dollars I can get thet GTX 1070 for the future I wouldnt have to fork out again when the next expansion comes out for wow.
    Well, the GTX 1070 is ~33% more than what you had given as a budget amount, so I didn't recommend it. The 1060 was already recommended by Ugh, and as he said, if you've been managing on a 9600GT, then a 1060 is going to be quite the upgrade.

If you want to spend the money on a GTX 1070, then, by all means, it's obviously the next tier up in terms of performance, and I'm not going to stop you from spending the money. :) However, I'm not entirely sure you're going to be able to take full advantage of it because it'll likely cause the CPU to bottleneck if you turn video settings up too high, but the 1060 might do that anyway, so... /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiiko View Post
    On the side note, Window Home and Window Pro not much difference (gaming wise) if Im only upgrading my window for the sake of upgrading it.
    Correct, no difference for gaming.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

For those curious how to view their CPU/RAM/GPU/etc loads and other stats, I've found this very useful, but I imagine there are many more options.
    http://openhardwaremonitor.org/

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Well, the GTX 1070 is ~33% more than what you had given as a budget amount, so I didn't recommend it. The 1060 was already recommended by Ugh, and as he said, if you've been managing on a 9600GT, then a 1060 is going to be quite the upgrade.

If you want to spend the money on a GTX 1070, then, by all means, it's obviously the next tier up in terms of performance, and I'm not going to stop you from spending the money. However, I'm not entirely sure you're going to be able to take full advantage of it because it'll likely cause the CPU to bottleneck if you turn video settings up too high, but the 1060 might do that anyway, so... /shrug

Correct, no difference for gaming.
    Well I can still buy it. Just keep it the settings low.

In the the next few months I better save my beer money and then Ill be able to get a better CPU

Just a quick update I bought the STRIX-GTX1060-DC2O6G that ugh recommend and when to 5 boxing, even on setting on 7 I have no problems. I turned them down to 1 anyhow.

Only last sat week I went to 8 boxing with it
    Last edited by MiRai : 06-28-2017 at 10:33 AM Reason: Formatting—Automatic Color