Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Many toons, only skins a single mob at a time? (*skinning too slow farming issue solved)

/salute all

Question:

F.ex i just killed 10 mobs and looted them all. I then use the toy that allows the characters to skin. The issue is though, that they only seem to skin one dead mob at a time.

I tried a couple of approches, like removing their target and then use the toy and also to have them have the same target they attacked the last time, but doesnt seem to work.
    i also tried switching between personal and loot free for all (im playing while in a raidgroup).

The toy is named: http://www.wowhead.com/item=130102/m...skinning-knife

Any tips to speed up the "looting" of skins would be awesome.
    Last edited by WOWBOX40 : 02-09-2017 at 12:18 PM

I had thought the same thing and rushed to get it but it's only for single skins.

Use:
    Skin a creature from up to 40 yards away.

If you are talking about multiboxing the toy, maybe put steps and delays to stagger them starting to cast. I am not sure of this part as I only keep 1 skinner in a team.

You are a genius sir.

My deepest thanks.

I made the key round robin and now they skin one mob after another :P

Quote Originally Posted by WOWBOX40 View Post
    I made the key round robin and now they skin one mob after another :P
    Good to know.

You're doing this just to speed things up or what's the angle?

i was killing mobs in the world for random items and such and then i thought why not get skinning on all of them aswell. So now i can skin the pile of mobs a looooooot faster than before. Before i pressed the key, all of them tried to skin but only one character got to skin. Now i can spam press the round robin key and they skin their own separate mob very fast. More skins to sell on the AH
    Last edited by WOWBOX40 : 02-10-2017 at 05:59 AM Reason: Merged

I might make a team for this.

This timing issue is a good idea to fix on ALL your looting as it prevents a sync issue whereby all toons hit the node at the exact same time. The easiest way to tell it's bugged is to count the loot. If it looks like it's for all your guys combined then you hit the node with team too fast.

I round robin all of my looting now to prevent this sort of thing. Also round robin my assist / IWT for the exact same reason as a precaution.

Jamba has Advanced Loot options to prevent the "item is busy" issue which is what you are describing.
    I made an addon as well that does it.
    There is nearly no reason these days to be worried about it. Nodes or loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwock View Post
    Jamba has Advanced Loot options to prevent the "item is busy" issue which is what you are describing.
    I made an addon as well that does it.
    There is nearly no reason these days to be worried about it. Nodes or loot.
    This has been my experience.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)