Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Boxer Friendly Quest List/Addon

Is there a boxer friendly quest listing addon? Basically something that told you which quests to avoid, except when they are required to open up quest chains. An example is the bunny clicking quest in Hyjal which is required to get anymore quests in that storyline. If such an addon doesn't exist, would that be something people would find useful if I developed it? If so, what kinda of features would be required or even useful? The main one I can think of is a listing of nearby/zone quests that indicated the quests that were good and the ones that were evil. I would also put something in there to add an indicator on the quest accept window that npcs show, like make it a red background or an icon around the accept button. Maybe even have an API so addons (I'm looking a you Ebony) that auto accept quests could see if it should be accepted. Maybe even waypoint planning for TomTom and such to get you to the best questing hub for boxers when you finish the one you are on.

Anyway, I'd love thoughts and suggestions.

- Souca Thinks He Can Program
    This space for rent.

I prefer dungeons for leveling with occasional breaks to do wanted quests, and since I am full heirlooms the lower levels are actually over fairly quick. I don't think I'd ever use it.

But something like you suggested making it a mod for an addon like Jamba, seems like a place to start.

The problem I see with these types of resources is that they're aimed at a niche of a niche. Boxers are a small group to begin with, and even out of us only a portion would end up consistantly using the add-on or list. While I have no development background, I would imagine riffling through each and every quest line in WoW to determine difficulty, or level of annoyance from a boxing perspective and building the actual addon would be a lot of work, and I don't quite know if I believe there is enough of a demand to justify it. I could be completely mistaken of course.

Don't get me wrong, all the help and resources are welcome additions to make the playstyle more accessible to new and old boxers alike. I'm just saying that you should not expect to compete with Bartender in terms of addon downloads.

Yea, it is very niche, though I could see using it to skip generally annoying quests when leveling a solo character. Esp if I make it so you can indicate what you find annoying: low drop rate, vehicles, phasing, lots of travel for little xp, etc.

As for popularity, not really worried. As long as it helps me quest in zones I don't have memorized, I'd be happy if only a single person uses it. I've always been a software engineer so it's mostly about find a elegant solution to the problem. That said, I'm asking here since it might as well meant the needs of others at the same time.

All that said, I very well might give up depending on how the data-mining goes and if I can get the info I need without having to do every single quest in the game. I did think of a cool user data upload type thing, but it would take more than one user >.<

- Souca
    This space for rent.