Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Prot Pally + 4 Disc priests

Has anyone tried it out? now that I've somewhat got the hang of this I'm looking into trying different comps out.. figured 4x discs and a tank would be extremely hard to kill excluding being burst down.

I have a similar composition that I've been really leveling up in the last month up to ~850 ilvl, I have a DH vengeance instead of the prot pally. It's also important to say that it's my first compo so I can't really say if it's better than another compo. That being said, I'm at the edge of creating a new team because I'm having difficulties to finish Mythics+1 whereas it seems like a piece of cake for other compos like 5xhunters or 5xpallies.

The good stuff. If they don't have to move too much, they do ~170k DPS and can go through constant moderate AOE damages. That means that most of the bosses or packs of mobs are no big deal. I'll give you two examples where the team can just stand there and DPS while constantly being healed up with Atonement:

• For the God King in HoV Mythics+1, the toons just don't move and DPS until the boss is dead.
    • For the final boss in NL Mythics+1, no movement required as well except for the lava burst thing.

The less good stuff. The lack of DPS and the inability to quickly heal themselves make most of the complex mechanics difficult / impossible to overcome. Also, the priest are very weak, like really. Three examples:
    • For Odyn in HoV Mythics+1, the priests can't run fast enough to avoid the massive AOE damage that Odyn does. Whereas I could mitigate the damages with Pain Suppression or Rapture, I don't have enough DPS to take down the add casting Surge faster and faster while still recovering from Odyn's damages.
    • For Serpentrix, I need to move to the worms or Serpentrix at the second repop. By the time I can re-dps, it's usually too late.
    • For the final boss in BHT, I need to kill these swarm things ASAP which takes too long so I end up with a toon with low health or having to deal with the counter-clock wise attack in addition to the swarm.

Meantime the DH Vengeance is really going through massive damages like nothing happened. It's not rare that I end up playing the tank for one minute when all the team died. So yeah, if I had to give a final verdict, I would say that the lack of DPS and burst of healing is a deal breaker from my point of view. Now it's very possible that I need to practice more.

I would not suggest it for PvE. As charly mentioned they just die so quick and have such low DPS you may as well just try to solo.

For instanced PvP I imagine it would be fun. For WPvP I imagine you'd be nearly unkillable as well.

In all fairness to Charly, those fights he listed are challenging with most comps. Doable, but challenging. Messing around with priests myself and I'd have to say the delayed or interrupted follow due to non-instant casts is what really makes it harder than melee or hunter comps. There's not many fights you can just park for extended periods of time, so your DPS and therefore healing gets gimped.