Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default 5 Hunters Vault of the Wardens Level 9 (Not beating timer)

I'm not beating the timer of this level 9, I'm just taking my time learning things in this dungeon, and also getting a high weekly chest.

Not counting my lack of experience, this still is a hard dungeon for 5 hunters. In my opinion second and last boss can be quite difficult to one-shot even if you know everything about the fight.

I had some wipes on those bosses, and also on the trash. It's actually not very tough trash, I was just being sloppy and not focusing enough.

One good thing that came out of me watching this recording, was that I finally noticed the "passive"-bug state that my pets seem to go into. When they are in this state it doesn't look like using Kill Command puts them back on auto-attacking the boss, the pet just does the kill command and then goes back to follow.

This is bad because if the pets are not hitting the boss, we miss out dps. Also the positioning of the boss becomes weird since the boss will just follow the hunters, because the pets are following the hunters.
    I don't know if this has always been, or is something which appeared in a recent patch. Anyway I needed a really long level 9 boss fight to actually notice this problem.

To fix this each hunter just need to trigger the petattack command (claw on the pet action bar)
    We can trigger this command from this macro action:
    /petattack

So I have made sure to include this command in all my offensive macros. I also created a macro containing only this, so that I can break the passive state by just clicking a button.

Nice job. A lot better than my run went for sure. Couple of things on last boss. You can flare her and the adds out whenever they are hidden and if you are about to get hit by a wall just jump off it will bring you back up. You will have to go get the light again but could help a little.

What editing software do you use? Its nice to see the little notes you put in there at certain times when things need to be explained.

I recorded some kara action earlier. I did really well until i hit shade of medivh. I'm not sure ill ever get that fight down without a healer. So tough.
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

What is your gear level?

My pali tank team is about 880. Wondering if at that iLevel hunters would be better at the higher mythcs than running 5 tanks.

Still very impressive stuff you and void are doing. I only started doing M+ properly this week beat HoV and DHT 3 chest and missed timer for 3 chest in VoW by 14 secs, really messed up and wiped on last boss. So to run I have a good DHT+4 and HoV+5 and also an ARC+5 hmm not sure how that will go lol I find the last boss hard although I have only done it 2 times before on regular Mythic bit more practice will help. I also have 2 BRH+2 still to upgrade.

Void, I need to see that kara footage! Johngabriel, personally I have found hunters amazing I can do stuff with them I would never have been able to manage with pallies. ARC is a good example I dipped a toe in with my pallies and found it really hard. My lower level hunters made it easy. That may be mostly me being crap with 5 melee and 5 hunters suiting me more.
    Last edited by Lance : 02-04-2017 at 07:34 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Nice job. A lot better than my run went for sure. Couple of things on last boss. You can flare her and the adds out whenever they are hidden and if you are about to get hit by a wall just jump off it will bring you back up. You will have to go get the light again but could help a little.

What editing software do you use? Its nice to see the little notes you put in there at certain times when things need to be explained.

I recorded some kara action earlier. I did really well until i hit shade of medivh. I'm not sure ill ever get that fight down without a healer. So tough.
    Thanks for those tips on Cordana, definitely useful!

I'm using a program called Davinci Resolve. It's free and works okay. It's a bit picky tho on formats and have some other limitations (you have to convert music to wav files before adding to video for example).
    So I'm sure there are more capable programs out there, but I can't be bothered spending time learning anything new atm :P

Nice going in Kara! Medivh is indeed a tough boss without a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    What is your gear level?

My pali tank team is about 880. Wondering if at that iLevel hunters would be better at the higher mythics than running 5 tanks.
    They are 863 - 870 at the moment.

Well that would depend on the dungeons/affix. I'd say 5 paladins is more stable and can handle most dungeons/affixes more or less. Hunters are a bit more flaky, they can probably crush some dungeons + affixes much quicker/higher than a paladin team. But some affixes and bosses can be quite a bottleneck.

With the timer being a problem for 5 paladins, the hunters definitely have an edge there. One other factor seems to be the gear scaling, and that maybe dps just scales better (dps output-wise) than the tanks.

If I could compose an affix combination, and set it to whatever dungeon I want, I could probably beat the highest level with my hunters.

For the third affix I'm a bit worried for the one which increases boss health for the hunters. Some bosses which were burstable might not be anymore and we will have to deal with mechanics. A team of 5 paladins would just have to do the same stuff a while longer.