Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Default 5 Hunters Maw of Souls Mythic (Level 1)

The last boss of Maw of Souls (Helya) is probably the hardest Legion dungeon boss for 5 BM hunters. The stretched fight with different phases and unavoidable DoT damage makes it very hard not having a healer.

And this is the case, not even counting the issues (bug) in p2, where the pets have Line of sight problems with the boss. And as it looks like, that is still a problem.

For example in this video, it took me well over 15 seconds for my pet to get LoS of the boss. Had I been able to attack the boss as expected, I would have not missed out on a ton of Kill Commands during Bestial Wrath and all my other cools, and she would have been dead within that time. Instead I had to wait for the next BW cycle to finish her off.

Anyway she still died because this was only a mythic level 1, but my well-geared team was almost dead. And she was probably going to submerge soonish, which would have been the end.

Considering I did not use Heroism in this video, this is probably "doable" with less gear/dps, but tbh I would not recommend anyone bothering with this. There is plenty of other mythics with better suitable bosses, that also aren't bugged.

Thanks for this.. have decided to do 5 hunters as a farming team.. saves me the trouble of bothering with this one when I get there

Edit: Could you not swap to MM for this fight?

Awesome work. I knew Helya would be an issue for me with the hunter team so instead of attempting her i did first 2 bosses and dipped out of there without a 2nd thought. I will probably give it a try this week.

Lets keep this hunter train going. I'm trying for a +8 this week! Got a +6 BRH i think i can beat. Well see.
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

What item level should I be to start base mythic with Hunters? Went with 5 Belf lvl 101 atm.

I started at 810-820. I only went after bosses i knew i could kill for the easy 840+ upgrades. DHT and BRH have easy bosses. I did not kill the last boss in either though.

I am also a very impatient person and wanted to be doing mythics long before i should have =P
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Thanks for this.. have decided to do 5 hunters as a farming team.. saves me the trouble of bothering with this one when I get there

Edit: Could you not swap to MM for this fight?
    Sure MM would probably be much better considering the pet problem. Too bad I dont even have the MM artifact hehe

What item level should I be to start base mythic with Hunters? Went with 5 Belf lvl 101 atm.
    my huntes ilvl 850-856 when i started them and so far only done DtK on +2 ( i done a few on level 1 )

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Awesome work. I knew Helya would be an issue for me with the hunter team so instead of attempting her i did first 2 bosses and dipped out of there without a 2nd thought. I will probably give it a try this week.

Lets keep this hunter train going. I'm trying for a +8 this week! Got a +6 BRH i think i can beat. Well see.
    Good luck with those. Hope you get some doable affixes. This week I have Sanguine as first affix, which is manageable. But the second affix became Volcanic. That one is just a nono with slaves on follow. When you get it targeted on your main, even if you react fast the slaves will be hit. So I won't go past level 6 this week

I started picking the easy ones at around 840ish. But that was before the buffs to BM hunter, we are MUCH stronger now and I'm sure you can get things down safely in lower levels

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    Good luck with those. Hope you get some doable affixes. This week I have Sanguine as first affix, which is manageable. But the second affix became Volcanic. That one is just a nono with slaves on follow. When you get it targeted on your main, even if you react fast the slaves will be hit. So I won't go past level 6 this week
    you could just delete the +6 and start over? in the hopes you get another affix