Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Current Best Gold Making Professions

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I'm coming back to the game after almost 4 years off.

So what are the best professions for making money in Legion? Initially I'll be playing single, but I'm all ears for boxing professions as well. Are there any professions that benefit from having more than one character for cooldowns like there has been in the past? Do these crafting professions need a gathering paired with it do well? Or can you still make money with AH mats? Do they have quests needed to produce items, or get recipes? Raid loot recipes, or other drops? And finally, is there a class/race that works best, like flightform druids for herbing?

Thanks guys, really curious to see what you all have to say.

- Souca
    This space for rent.

Crafting professions are pretty terrible this expansion. Mining and Herbing are both good as you can tap a node with up to ten characters.

To be honest, my experience is that killing anything with the Bloodhunter enchant is the most profitable per-time investment. You can turn the Blood of Sargeras into whichever mat is going to give you the most income.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

The current meta is to take double gathering and once a month drop one of them and take up enchanting for an hour and then retake the dropped profession.

Legion changed how professions work. You have a ~30 quest chain to "learn" the profession.
    With gathering, you get quests from gathering to get each of the 3 ranks per herb/mine node.
    Skill level doesn't do much for you bar being able to loot a few mobs.
    If you drop a profession, you can buy a book from it's trainer for about 1k which will give you back the quest rewards since you can't do them again.
    You usually have to use 2 books to get everything back. Enchanting is the same in that a level 1 enchanter can DE all Legion gear.

So you do gathering for the month while collecting all your gear. Drop Herbing for example. DE all the crap. Pick up herbing for 2k again and go back at it.
    4 to 6 chaos crystals will pay for your "repec" basically.

Herb/mine is the only profession I know that every rank comes from a quest so they're the best to drop. Alchemy is the worst.

Herb prices in particular are huge.

If making new toons, multibox gathering is "easier" with the same race for all. Taurens are naturally faster at herbing but you can get a glove enchant to do the same. Tank classes can't be dazed/dismounted but you can buy consumables to get that as well.

Edit
    Since a boon was mentioned, Do Valsharah first. It's quick to get enough rep to get their shoulder enchant. Boon of the Harvester. It's bags give Fish and Herb.
    Last edited by Jabberie : 01-30-2017 at 06:21 PM

Wow. I'm kinda shocked with the profession changes. I'm not gonna start screaming about making WoW to easy, but it doesn't seem like there is any planning you have to do inpicking your professions if you can effectively change them for 2k. They should have just given you some sort of respec since you are able to change so easily. I guess it's nice, but it seems like it will make me feel dirty. But I've felt dirty for profit before...

I do love the fact that a level 1 enchanter can DE everything, but my level 600 can't. Guess paying for an expac lets me win.

You mention fish. How is fishing to level up, and is it worth doing? Cooking? Skinning?

Thanks again.

- Socuca
    This space for rent.

you only get back things you get from the quest since you literally cannot do a quest a second time. Some professions get their stuff randomly from kills etc so you lose those. Not to mention, you do not get back the older stuff or your skill level. But the skill level, as I said, doesn't matter for Legion stuff.

Ranks of which there are 3, just reduce the materials required pretty much. Alchemy lets you get procs at rank 3.
    Gathering just gets more and more per rank.

Enchanting level 1 DE is confined to legion stuff though. Sorry for that confusion. You get skill ups for DE'ing legion stuff as well. not many.

Cooking is done through work orders. Give Nomi 5 mats, he does a research and has a chance to give you a recipe.

There are 3 variants of each food type. Again with 3 ranks each, give you more per craft.
    Food is rather expensive, as is fish/meat. some of the foods need herb and even JC parts.

Fishing has it's own Artifact rod as well for it's own cool story line.
    Last edited by Jabberie : 01-30-2017 at 06:34 PM

Okay, so I'm a little confused. The stuff you get back with the books are what? Recipes? And if you have old world recipes, and you change profs, you can never get those back, right?

Dropping makes sense with the gathering because there are no recipes to lose I'm guessing, and you can loot any Legion node with a skill of 1? Is there a benefit to having a gathering prof max level?

This whole expansion is so weird.

- Souca
    This space for rent.

There are 6 herbs with 3 ranks each. So that is 18 quests you cannot redo. That's what you get back from the books.
    As an example of a crafting. If I have level 700 tailoring, with all the crap from years ago.
    I do my 30 odd quests and get rank 1 of a load of new crap.
    If I drop that tailoring to get enchanting and de crap. I can book back Tailoring and I will get all those rank 1 recipes back and only those.

Okay. That makes sense. Glad to know grinding all those old world recipes was worth it and not accidentally throw them away.

Thanks for all the info and the clarification to my confusion.

Think I'll do herb/mining on one char, and then skinning/herb on another. I'll keep the crafters I have since I have some nice recipes.

- Souca
    This space for rent.

If making new toons, multibox gathering is "easier" with the same race for all.

Sorry for the necro, but I have to ask about this. Why is multiboxing gathering easier with the same race?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpete View Post
    Sorry for the necro, but I have to ask about this. Why is multiboxing gathering easier with the same race?

Thanks!
    Because they are the same size, the camera angles line up