Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Upcoming Necromancer Class

Just thought I'd share this for anyone looking forward to the Necromancer.

Earlier today, Blizzard hosted a Facebook Q&A with three members of the Diablo 3 team: Lead FX Artist Julian Love, Community Manager Brandy Camel, and Sr. Game Designer Travis Day. This Q&A focused on the Necromancer, the upcoming class that was announced at BlizzCon last year. While the Q&A didn't include any information about the Necromancer launch date or pricing, the team did discuss many gameplay elements such as curses, sets, and more.

• The Diablo 2 Necromancer was used as a base for the Diablo 3 Necromancer.
    • Though a massive undertaking, Revive is returning.
    • The Necromancer is darker than the Witch Doctor, with a focus on blood and bone.
    • Also different from the Witch Doctor, pets are more controllable to some degree.
    • A new corpse mechanic has been invented for the Necromancer to use.
    • Aspects from the Poison skill tree from Diablo 2 are not planned to be implemented, as that would encroach on the Witch Doctor.
    • A lot of Necromancer skills are up close and personal.
    • There are no plans to bring Iron Maiden forward to the Diablo 3 Necromancer.
    • There is no defined number yet (and no plans to set a number) for Necromancer summons. It's more of a server performance concern than a client concern.
    • Necromancers can wield any weapon that is not class specific.
    • They will have their own class weapon: scythes.
    • Necromancers will have golems, and they're working on a new golem type.
    • 4 to 5 types of golems are planned.
    • Damage can come from both the Necromancer and the Necromancer's pets.
    • There will be two-handed scythes.
    • There will be a variety of Necromancer pets - some permanent and some temporary. Skeletal archers and mages will be making an appearance.
    • The Necromancer currently has no DoT spells.
    • Current spells are nukes, pets, and utilities. This separates the Necromancer from the DoT-heavy Witch Doctor.
    • There are no plans for a special Necromancer form.
    • There are no designs for a support-specific Necromancer.
    • Necromancers will release to PC and consoles at the same time.
    • There will be curses. Lots of curses.
    • The lore for the Diablo 2 Necromancer is different from the Diablo 3 Necromancer.
    • There will be no pet command interface different from the standard UI.
    • It's believed that you'll need RoS to have the Necromancer, as it's a standalone pack.
    • Necromancer will have four dungeon sets - one for each dungeon.
    • A lot of Necromancer blood skills will cost health along with essence, so there are a lot of mechanics built in to recoup health.
    • It's unknown if Lidless Wall will become a Necromancer item.
    http://www.diablofans.com/news/48865...s-weapon-golem
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Only 2 days and i Buy this patch, I Can no wait
    i must sell old stuff and buy new legendaries, What site do you recommend? When I buy or sell legendaries (or power leveling) to Diablo 3, I use https://odealo.com, maybe more informations about Necromancer?
    Last edited by AnaLogicCry : 07-16-2017 at 04:50 PM

I'm loving the Necro. So glad they brought it back. It was my favorite in D2.

Been playing lately and Necros are very good for multiboxing. Singularity Mages + Land of the Dead (round robin) + Devour Cannibalize = OP. You can almost permafreeze the whole screen and have max DPS mages up all time. Just need Rathma's, the 2 rings and reapers wraps.

Sadly the game is almost unplayable because of FPS drops. Seems like my rig is not good enough for D3, at least for Necros. Here's what I see when I'm hanging out in Act1 town, with 10 mages on each account (4x):

It's pretty clear my CPU is the bottleneck here ... I'm at 100% all the time, so during action, I can drop really low which causes dsyncs and deads. In the past my the game felt smooth but now a days, it's choppy and difficult to play. Necros are the worse no matter what video settings I choose. 32bits client is worse than 64bits.

Anyone tried Ryzen 7 for multiboxing? I'm very interesed in the 1700X.
    Last edited by Devile : 08-02-2017 at 06:01 PM

Running a 4790K OC myself and it's running fine for me even though I tend to watch a stream + record it at the same time. Anyways the Ryzen 7 should be way better for multiboxing though but a high end i7 has no issues at all with Diablo since it's just 4 mostly single threaded instances.

Anyways concerning Necros I didn't really have too much time to multibox them since I went ham on my last 1,5 weeks of vacation grabbing a rank 1 in each EU leaderboard at some points. I did however get some multiboxing done and I've done stuff like this:

GR 90 with 4 necros using simalcrum rathma slow moving + cycling LotD across them for a long duration of krysbins damage and CC.

GR 75s with 4 necros using in-geom mages rathma with the bone armor weapon for faster runs that take around 3-4minutes at most, cycling LotD again for infinite as long as I can kill 2 elites every 40 seconds.

And here's the real thing, I've been doing a 3 support build (mage, barb, monk) together with my main as the Rathma dps using double curses and I've done a 108 with pretty good time. Was on the leaderboard several times with my multiboxing ranging from 400-900 spots in EU, sadly they've probably dropped off by now. 100 is basically a face roll with the build at this point since my gear is pretty good.

EDIT: nevermind my guys are still on the leaderboard in Europe, just grabbed this snipp as some quick proof
    http://i.imgur.com/Q884F6T.png , they'll probably drop off by next weekend. I did try some 110s but I need a good rift to do that. My main has done a bit higher in 4 man so that account is sadly not in the same group on the leaderboard.
    Last edited by NetQvist : 08-09-2017 at 11:45 AM

Still wonder if i should buy that Nerco expansion. Played a lot after D3 release, but last 2 years i was mainly focused on Wow. Hmmm Can i buy it with token?

Quote Originally Posted by Hasagi View Post
    Can i buy it with token?
    If it's available in the Blizzard store, then you can buy it with Blizzard Balance.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I am running a duo of Necro's - but only gearing up my second Necro now.

Enjoying them while boxing. But it's been awhile since I have played D3, and even longer since I have boxed. So bit of a learning curve to get around.

What spec does everyone reckon to go? Rathma's since its the free set?