Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 22 of 22

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Using round-robin will not stop runaways. It will only affect who runs away.

The reason your toons run away sometimes when you use IWT this way is because the mob moves enough -- after you press IWT -- that your toon fails to get close enough for IWT to automatically interact, and therefore also does not stop moving.

If you don't want them to run in circles, don't put IWT on your DPS key(s), use a different key for it. Having played a 5 paladin team myself, I do NOT have assist or IWT on my DPS keys. I manually press an IWT key, which is next to my main DPS key, as needed. I mean, most mobs are just going to stand there most of the time, so it is not usually needed.

Besides, in PVE most of the time I would lead with my tank, the rest on /follow. Just walk past the mob and turn around, and boom... mob faces the tank, with DPS and heals in the back or to the side.

In PVP it is incredibly useful to use IWT constantly, because the target will be moving around a lot, and it is usually impossible to hit them otherwise.
    Thank you for the explanation.

I had two melees in a team and for some reason I had better results w/ round robin, but of course this hasn't been empirically tested just my subjective view.

I've always had IWT on a mouse button, that has indeed been great instead of spamming it. This and assist and follow are nice on the mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by mugg70 View Post
    I started with 5 pallys then switched to 1 pally 4 dks. and works nice for me. u can que to dungeons this way too.
    dks can handle alot of selfhealing passively. and pally can spam himself. u can ress from dks midfight or ress after with pally.
    I also gearing upp my hunter for dungeons. and have tried some. and as the other says its more depending on dungeon u do.
    both 3 teams are 110 (pallys, dks, hunters)
    If u have the time and like diffrent groups a hunter team and tankteam is fun.
    if u raf smart level the tanks then boost hunters in dungeon to 60+ then raf then to max raf lvl.
    at 100 questing is better xp then going dungeons to 110
    Thats a good point. Maybe best to get a bunch of chars to 45-46 atleast to RAF grant them to 89.
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-16-2017 at 03:19 PM Reason: Merged

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Using round-robin will not stop runaways. It will only affect who runs away.

The reason your toons run away sometimes when you use IWT this way is because the mob moves enough -- after you press IWT -- that your toon fails to get close enough for IWT to automatically interact, and therefore also does not stop moving.

If you don't want them to run in circles, don't put IWT on your DPS key(s), use a different key for it. Having played a 5 paladin team myself, I do NOT have assist or IWT on my DPS keys. I manually press an IWT key, which is next to my main DPS key, as needed. I mean, most mobs are just going to stand there most of the time, so it is not usually needed.

Besides, in PVE most of the time I would lead with my tank, the rest on /follow. Just walk past the mob and turn around, and boom... mob faces the tank, with DPS and heals in the back or to the side.

In PVP it is incredibly useful to use IWT constantly, because the target will be moving around a lot, and it is usually impossible to hit them otherwise.

Or you can just add an assist or follow logic macro using stopmacro. Like so:

/stopmacro [@target, exists, harm]

/assist {FTL}

/stopmacro [@target, exists, harm]

/follow {FTL}

That way it can be in your DPS rotation. However if you aren't close enough for follow to catch them then they will run off. I play relatively close to melee all the time for this reason.