Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 22

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I agree with this. Hunters are great..but you can't que for dungons with them, you have to go to the dungon location. 5 Palies..5druids work well because you can que for dungons. IF that does not matter to you.. 5 hunters work.
    Aye this is true. I updated my text with some more reflection about this. I now remember that I actually did not level my hunters the regular way, I boosted most of them with the Legion pre-order offer. And when I leveled my paladins, I just blazed through the levels by only doing dungeons via LFG tool.

By the way, did anyone try running dungeons at all with 5 hunt at lower levels, are they doable? Might be a considerable factor also.

The person in question is completely new to WoW, maybe it could still be "fun" to take a little longer time, and experience all the quests and the content outside, instead of powerleveling through repeating dungeons? And travel to the dungeon manually (assuming 5 hunt pre 110 can clear it) which was the only option in earlier days. And I don't know, but the game felt different, and not necessarily in a bad way, when we did not have these handy tools to teleport us everywhere. (At least for the first time experience)

One thing I will caution the OP with:

Do keep in mind that there's a gap between what's simple/easy and what you find enjoyable. There isn't a lot of point to playing a team you don't enjoy just because it's easy.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Av leveled hunters a few times for sure they are one off the easyst to level! Av done both walking to the dum dungon ( so many portals around) but the easest with a two seater flying mount fly a high level there with one hunter summon the others.

With raf its brain dead fast! Or new acconts will have boosts to 100 with legion.

The traditional trinity team is great for timewalking and holiday bosses because you can queue in LFD. But keep in mind you'll quickly outgear heroics and will spend most of your time doing mythics so you have to run to the dungeon anyways. 5 hunters wont be extra work.

In previous expansions it was really useful to be able to queue in LFD, but in Legion its ehh.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post

By the way, did anyone try running dungeons at all with 5 hunt at lower levels, are they doable? Might be a considerable factor also.
    I have a team of hunters that I stopped playing around level 40, not because they were bad, but because of the aforementioned annoyances running to dungeons to level up. They absolutely wrecked stuff in the dungeons, no problems at all.

The person in question is completely new to WoW, maybe it could still be "fun" to take a little longer time, and experience all the quests and the content outside, instead of powerleveling through repeating dungeons? And travel to the dungeon manually (assuming 5 hunt pre 110 can clear it) which was the only option in earlier days. And I don't know, but the game felt different, and not necessarily in a bad way, when we did not have these handy tools to teleport us everywhere. (At least for the first time experience)
    I would say, for questing, multi-boxing quests as a new-to-WoW player would be an awful experience because so many quests aren't boxer friendly, at least 1-60. Even as an experienced player and a pretty experienced multi-boxer, I dread 1-60 questing with a multi-box team due to how annoying it is, and that's as someone who knows what to skip, where to go, and all that.

Currently leveling up a set up hunters, lvl 70.

At lvl 10 I was able to do the dungeon inside Org without issue, even though it's meant for 15+ the hunter team is extremely strong.
    There is the annoyance of traveling to each dungeon, but once you hit lvl 60 you can fly to each location which makes it a bit easier.
    With heirlooms they feel extremely powerful, it subsides a bit I think at max level but their performance is still amazing. The best thing I like is coming back to ranged dps which is what I started off with. Melee is fun but with ranged your able to focus on the encounter.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

I've read all the advice, and it was a lot more than I could have hoped for, thank you kindly! I realised that I will most likely end up doing more than one team starting with Paladins for the easy use of dungeon finder and continue with a full hunter team after. Didn't even think of level granting!

Thank you again... love reading the old threads on these forums, the screenshot and video archives are also awesome.

Since my initial post I've struggled a bit with being new to ISBoxer/Innerspace and also WoW, Addons, etc.

But if there are a few things I could pass on to an even newer player it would be these things:

• If you've purchased ISBoxer, join the chat channel, people are helpful and friendly.
    • Never settle for a team composition just because it seems the best or overpowered, always pick what you think is fun first.
    • If you're worried about not having access to dungeon finder, don't worry!
      • 1. Delete your hearthstones on all characters. (You can get them back at any inkeeper or use /use Hearthstone)
      • 2. Un-invite everybody with a macro or shortcut key in the dungeon and you will be booted just outside the portal, summon your last character with the RAF summon.

• If you're having trouble with looting, use round robin, just speed click through it.
    • If you're having trouble with interacting with target (sending your melees etc to the enemy target), again use fast round robin and they wont run away (or at least they haven't after I've started using round robin quickly).

Thank you again for all the replies above, I'm going to keep chipping away at my hunters because my other teams haven't been as fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Watom View Post
    If you're having trouble with interacting with target (sending your melees etc to the enemy target), again use fast round robin and they wont run away (or at least they haven't after I've started using round robin quickly).

Using round-robin will not stop runaways. It will only affect who runs away.

The reason your toons run away sometimes when you use IWT this way is because the mob moves enough -- after you press IWT -- that your toon fails to get close enough for IWT to automatically interact, and therefore also does not stop moving.

If you don't want them to run in circles, don't put IWT on your DPS key(s), use a different key for it. Having played a 5 paladin team myself, I do NOT have assist or IWT on my DPS keys. I manually press an IWT key, which is next to my main DPS key, as needed. I mean, most mobs are just going to stand there most of the time, so it is not usually needed.

Besides, in PVE most of the time I would lead with my tank, the rest on /follow. Just walk past the mob and turn around, and boom... mob faces the tank, with DPS and heals in the back or to the side.

In PVP it is incredibly useful to use IWT constantly, because the target will be moving around a lot, and it is usually impossible to hit them otherwise.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

I started with 5 pallys then switched to 1 pally 4 dks. and works nice for me. u can que to dungeons this way too.
    dks can handle alot of selfhealing passively. and pally can spam himself. u can ress from dks midfight or ress after with pally.
    I also gearing upp my hunter for dungeons. and have tried some. and as the other says its more depending on dungeon u do.
    both 3 teams are 110 (pallys, dks, hunters)
    If u have the time and like diffrent groups a hunter team and tankteam is fun.
    if u raf smart level the tanks then boost hunters in dungeon to 60+ then raf then to max raf lvl.
    at 100 questing is better xp then going dungeons to 110