Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 5 Disc?

Default 5 Disc?

Anyone try this yet in Legion?

I think I'm going to make this my fun team. The amount of damage reduction (smite, PW:S, passive) they have might make cloth tanking doable. Their AoE is going to blow for sure, but might be able to topple single pulls pretty quick w/ penance. That's the theory anyways, they're all 90 right now so it'll be a while before I can figure out if their damage / survivability will be reasonable enough by stacking crit + haste.

Plus, it's easy enough to sub a pally or DK into the tank position for RDF etc.

There are a few people who have ran all disc priest comps in this expansion, to varying degrees of success. Out of the ones I am aware of, only Ebony post on these forums, so she might have better insight in to this. As far as just questing, or some casual WPVP, they should do OK if you can manage them well enough. I however highly doubt you'd be able to handle high level instances all too well. I don't see them surviving the pressure that a tank would usually take in Mythic+ I'd love to be proven wrong, but I am skeptic about that happening.

yes wubsie is right i have played 5 and 8 disc for doing world quests they work kinda well,
    Wpvp i had mix feelings on this, Yes i could burst down one char fine if i was vs more then one the aoe is so so bad you might as well not have any!

Very very very op/fun group to level i did four in LFG and pugged a tank did great dps and really op healing on the tank) i did mange to solo a few low level dungeons when the tank dc/quit or whatever.

The problem is when you seem to play more then 3 (so 4/5/6/7/8) there seems to be somekinda system in place that they know you got a lot of disc stacks and it starts to kick the healing down. Unless you RoundRobin and cast them about 2 sec apart this is for the healing buff u put on a player to help heal gets very messy though

As for Legion dungeons not going to happen. i can not even do a normal dungeon on the team to do class hall stuff @ ilvl 840+ there is a few cons that you find are bad. mosty aoe is bad and even with all the healing you find the team taking so long to kill stuff in dungon's is just pointless

The stuff i hate about the group.
    Mana - Is a big big problem with this group if you over heal to much that you have to do in dungeons a lot of the time then you find you OOM your self a lot and will wipe.

Shield seems very weak mobs do so much dmg they can burn though them so fast.
    AOE - pointless.......

there artifact spell has a LONG LONG Cooldown!

There class hall story needs a TON of dungeons that you have to do solo. (sucks) or i could run with few hunters. ( i got board of trying to do it)

Good stuff
    They can do dps. when not doing anything else do not need two keys as healing/dps will work on pair with each over. i just stick the dps key and always dps. unliky some classes that just going to stand there waiting...... other healers can but there nowhere ner as good as a disc.

Burst - is nice they do have some nice burst. they do real well on most stuff i do with mine.

i love there spells they look really cool!

Very lucky and get some nice drops.
    I like the dps to heal play on a disc really like it i spend less time on Vuhdo then i do with other chars even druids that are HoT masters

There healing when moving is not to bad sure not the best out there but not the worse.

Very easy to macro! << this is a big thing!

I do play 3 disc with my hunters i been using them for wpvp/raid trash farming i did have 5 disc but i found 3 healed better then five. (ya crazy) i still really like them. in some fights they can out dps my hunters with burst!

They got some powerful PvP talents. (would be a epic grp in random bgs if we had follow there. ) ((wpvp is just to borken with tanks))
    Last edited by ebony : 01-27-2017 at 05:42 AM

Hmm, good to know. I'm running 1 disc with my pally time right now as a test of sorts, to see how their DPS / Survive rates.

Ebony,

If you were just to DPS, like on a target dummy with just one of them at your gear level, what numbers are you getting? Also, how big is PW:S, and how big is the Smite absorb per stack on the dummy?

Quote Originally Posted by rapstar View Post
    Ebony,

If you were just to DPS, like on a target dummy with just one of them at your gear level, what numbers are you getting? Also, how big is PW:S, and how big is the Smite absorb per stack on the dummy?
    class hall normal target dummy
    [20:49:47] [S] [110:Bànanà]: Skada: Damage for Current fight: 20:48 (1 Min 11 Sec):
    [20:49:47] [S] [110:Bànanà]: 1. Bànanà 6.14M (86.4K, 100.0%

but shes around 80-90k dps

but ofc when the artifact gets a proc from the wep and or lots of atonement buffs. u can hit some crazy hits.

PW:shiled is 173,365

smile debuff is 180,630

@841 ilvl

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n%C3%A0/simple this was the char that was used.
    Last edited by ebony : 01-29-2017 at 04:57 PM

OK thanks a ton for the info Ebony. I was really hoping it would be closer to 150k+ at an 840 ilvl. Quite a bit behind tanks then. I still might do it though, because I think it would make for interesting and laid back runs and fun pvp.

I'm playing 4 disc priests and 1 dh vengeance. The most powerful toon is 856ilvl and has all the dps talents like schism, purge the wicked, solace, etc. It has an average of 174k dps on the dummy after inflicting 7M damage in "dps mode" (No tank shield and Radiance every 17s). In "normal mode", it drops to 143k. I only did heroic so far and the dps can go down to 70k if I need to move a lot like the final boss of the vault. Tank is a steady 180k. I'm going to upgrade the gear to try to achieve 865ilvl with obliterum and then will try mythics. I'm still new to multi boxing but I do feel that compos like 5 hunters or 5 tanks are more fun. Hope it helps!

OK so here are some numbers. My disc is only 819 ilvl and has all of the DPS artifact traits including Sins and Dark Side.

Duration: 2m
    Target: Raiders Training Dummy in Orgrimmar.

1. Straight up DPS, no healing, no atonements at all.
    Talents: Schism, Power Word: Solace, Power Infusion, Divine Star, Purge the Wicked.
    DPS: 116k
    Healing Done: N/A

2. Keeping up atonement on self only via PW:S.
    Talents: Schism, Power Word: Solace, Contrition, Divine Star, Purge the Wicked.
    DPS: 105k
    Healing Done: 8.3M

3. Keeping up atonement on party of 5 via PW:S & plea.
    Talents: Schism, Power Word: Solace, Contrition, Divine Star, Purge the Wicked.
    DPS: 98k
    Healing Done: 33M

What's interesting is that for #3 Light's Wrath did more damage than Penance with 22% of DPS due to the 5 atonements. In #2 Light's wrath was only 5% of DPS and Penance was 25%. The 50% buff to Light's Wrath plus the 5% buff to all damage due to the Sins artifact trait matters a lot in #3. Without those boost I'd have lost another 10k or so DPS.

I think in 880 gear these numbers would at least double. The healing output would be pretty insane once you multiply by 5. Maybe enough to justify have one or two of the priests go shadow.

One big flaw though I'm not taking into account with these numbers is spell pushback when there's a melee mob on you. Maybe a shining force rotation could minimize that, and the damage being taken thereby also reducing the need for blanket atonements (only using plea on priests being damaged, but that gets hard to micro-manage). If one priest was shadow you would pretty much guarantee they had aggro though by using fade on the discs and due to the pure DPS output of shadow (Single target and AoE), so putting up 5 shields on him would minimize pushback across the entire party. Now I'm getting super theoretical though and in practice none of this may work!

Good luck I would actually be very excited to see you finishing a Mythic with 5 priests !