Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Default Started upgrading, need new build now

I started boxing sometime in November. Started with 2, got locks to 110 and was hooked. Decided I wanted to 5 man some dungeons with my druids. Started getting parts to upgrade my machine to handle 5 instances. Got a new power supply (Cooler Master 650W 80 PLUS Bronze) and gfx card (ASUS GeForce GTX 970). That worked great leveling 4 instances (main druid was already 110). Got to max and couldn't handle the 5th for WQs. Ordered some RAM and my computer went haywire. Returned RAM and had to go to original setup and limited to 4 again. GFX card won't work with that motherboard anymore (it still works with others). So, I am going to finish building now.

I have found a used i7 (~6months) for a good price that I will most likely get. Other than that, are there any suggestions for the remaining parts that you know/think will go well together with what I already have? Specifically case (970 was a tight fit in my current case) and favorite 2x8 set of RAM?

What chipset does the motherboard have? What i7 were you gonna get? And most importantly, what is your budget?

I might not have the best, or any, advice but these things will determine a lot of what is viable for your upgrades.

- Souca
    This space for rent.