Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Missing Video FX

Hi all.

Have been using Innerspace and Isboxer for a while, and today when booting up and loading some games (in this case, Diablo 3), i noticed two things were missing:

1) All of the account configuration was not preset in each launcher
    2) All of the video FX that I have set up in the past (and saved in innerspace) are missing.

Everything else that was configured in ISBOXER (teams, keymaps, etc) are all in place. I was just curious if there is something I should be looking to do in an attempt to restore these Video FX Presets that I had, and something I should be doing to avoid this in the future.

As far as I am aware, I have done nothing special to cause this.

Thanks

Video FX configuration, when not done via Mapped Keys and Video FX Actions, is stored in configuration files in the scripts subfolder of your Inner Space installation. They are named by ISBoxer.VideoFeeds.<CharacterSetName>.<CharacterNa me>.xml Normally the only thing that will prevent them from loading for a given team/character is if you have renamed stuff. If these are still present, then you can always try to reimport them using the ISBoxer in game GUI and selecting the Import tab.

WRT to the d3prefs virtual files (for the account config), that one I'm not sure of. These are stored in your D3 folder so unless there was some significant change to a D3 update last night, no idea. There is no reason for them not to be used, although perhaps some AV might do it (just guessing at possibilities). I'd try exiting and relaunching to team to see if it changes.

edit: thinking about it, both problems might be related and caused by some other software on your PC, or maybe some nefarious application compatibility setting which has decided to flag all by itself.
    Last edited by mbox_bob : 01-22-2017 at 04:18 AM

Thank you - this has gotten me about 80% of the way. I didn't know that this config folder existed, so that has helped me restore the Video FX.

However, after importing each windows video fx - the "save as" and "load" title of the file is there, and I can load everything. However, after quitting Inner Space and exiting the games, when reloading, the same thing happens. I can import them again x 4, but doing a "save as" doesn't seem to persist between sessions now. It defaults back to "auto".

Just not 100% sure of the method of doing this correctly. In the past I've always just created the Video FX windows directly in the game, and never did this via ISBOXER. So not sure what I should be looking to do to make sure that these xml config files get imported correctly when loading characters/game.

Quote Originally Posted by wakasm View Post
    It defaults back to "auto".
    I'm not sure I entirely understand, but it if you want a set of VFX to load with the Character Set, then it needs to be saved as "Auto" after it's been imported or set up.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology