Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Considering trying Multiboxing out and have a few questions

Hi there, I was considering trying multi-boxing, it looks really fun and I generally like playing alone so it kind of makes sense I guess, I just had a few questions and would greatly appreciate any and all answers.

- The game I picked out was WoW, I don't have 5 WoW accounts but I could RAF 4, how would I go about RAF'ing all 4 but keeping them on my main account/e-mail? if that's even possible.

- Any tips you could give someone with little to no experience doing this?

- Any recommended class setups for someone with little experience (I'd be looking to do anything except PvP)

- Would my computer be good enough to run 5x WoW accounts?
    *I-5 4690k
    *16 gig DDR3 ram
    *GTX 1070

That's all I can think of right now, may have some more questions as they come to me, thanks.

Hello and welcome to the fun and often frustrating world of multiboxing!

You can RAF yourself simply by sending yourself the invites to your email from the ingame inviting window, found at the top right of your Friend List-window. Once you receive the email, it'll have a link to click which will take you to Battle.net and ask whether you wish to create a new B-net account, or use an existing one. The latter, utilizing your existing B-net, would let you create them under the same account. You can have up to 8 WoW accounts under the same B-net account. HOWEVER, there is a bit of difference in to how you do the RAFing. I never bothered with the fine parts so I'm not sure what the most efficient method is. (I.e. do you wish to chain the RAFs, so that Account1 invites Account2, which then invites Account3, etcetc.) The amount of free grantable levels you get varies a bit on how you choose to set it up. As I said, I'm not one to know which way is best.

Personally I highly recommend getting ISBoxer, as it's just the best software solution out there in terms of utility, ease of use, support and continued developement. Nothing else compares and you can even just get the free 7 day trial to try it out at first. If you don't wish to spend money on the software, I would say Hotkeynet is probably the best free alternative. Takes a bit more work to setup and does not have the flexibility or shiny functionalities, but still does the job adequately.

I also can not speak highly enough of the video tutorials by Mirai, on both ISBoxer and multiboxing in general. For example here would be fairly relevant series on multiboxing gameplay basics.

As far as class setups, it's sorta up to you, but in general it might be easiest to get started with running all of the same spec. I would say ranged are often the best place to start since they don't face some of the issues melee specs do. Usually specs that are consistant (read: not proc based) are the ones that work well for multiboxing. I would say Hunters, Mages and Locks are all perfectly viable options. What you will however have to consider is the viability for the content you wish to tackle. So far 5x Hunter seems to be able to deal with Mythic+ to some extent, where as I doubt mages would be able to, as they don't have pets acting as tanks.

Your computer seems fine for a 5-box. I run a similar rig and with 5 toons I can run my usual lead client on the highest preset of graphics settings, while the others are set to the lowest one.

Thanks I'll give 5 hunters a go I guess, sounds like good fun.

My first team was born, played quite a bit yesterday, got to 57 or so before I went to sleep... soooooo fun, why on earth didn't I try this sooner.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Malg : 01-22-2017 at 01:36 AM

wow - good going. I got my hunters to level 10 in one sitting. Never been good at levelling up though!

Have you gone for questing or clearing dungeons for XP?

Quote Originally Posted by Malg View Post
    My first team was born, played quite a bit yesterday, got to 57 or so before I went to sleep... soooooo fun, why on earth didn't I try this sooner.
    This is how it begins.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

One of us
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Malg View Post
    Very nice!

I'm new to WoW (only level 60ish) and was coming for the same reason, to ask about multiboxing.

May I ask... Is it possible to send one pet to each enemy?
    Last edited by Watom : 01-27-2017 at 04:47 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Watom View Post
    Very nice!

I'm new to WoW (only level 60ish) and was coming for the same reason, to ask about multiboxing.

May I ask... Is it possible to send one pet to each enemy?
    Yes. Target a different mob with each hunter, then press the petattack key that doesn't include an /assist. My hunter keymap has a button exactly for this, though I really didn't use it much when hunters could spam misdirect.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)