Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 41

Question [WoW] Nighthold trash farming results in yet?

Have anyone tried to multibox the trash there yet?

I read from reddit that some raiders have got some shiny BoE loots. They're selling titanforged ones for like 1 Million gold each item, but I'm not sure if any sane people would pay that much for just single slot upgrade :P

Remember the Bastion of Twilight trash or Firelands naga packs? A multiboxer could sheep(!) each naga in the pack and then nuke them down one by one. How is the trash? Are they Crowd Controllable?

If any of my team meets the requirements, I might want to try 10box something there this weekend.
    I'm just not sure what to expect..

I went in to see if I could get to the WQ mob without killing the first boss (the mob is past it in the instance), and naturally cleared the trash up to it. The trash is easy enough and I don't see any trinity/tank stack setup having too much difficulty with it Just a bunch of ground AOEs, exploding mobs and ones that do a type of flurry attack, so nothing we've not seen before or could not deal with. Could try farming it a few times and see what I get. Wasn't even aware that trash drops are still a thing.

EDIT:

Ok, so I did try it until I hit the "you've entered too many instances" limit.

I've now got it down to where I do all the trash up to the first boss in 3 pulls, clearing all of it in 2 minutes. I pull the first corridor (2 groups) at once, then the scorpion guys at the bottom of the stairs, and then all the rest.

Sadly however, I only got 1 drop, which was a belt that is being listed at about 20k, so at this rate it would be nowhere near worth it for me. I might still do it out of boredom and trying to get some gear for my toons and naturally if you get a lucky titanforged proc then things are completely different. For example a Warforged (880) version of the same belt has a going rate of about 200k. Whether they actually sell... who knows.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 01-19-2017 at 07:54 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    I went in to see if I could get to the WQ mob without killing the first boss (the mob is past it in the instance), and naturally cleared the trash up to it. The trash is easy enough and I don't see any trinity/tank stack setup having too much difficulty with it Just a bunch of ground AOEs, exploding mobs and ones that do a type of flurry attack, so nothing we've not seen before or could not deal with. Could try farming it a few times and see what I get. Wasn't even aware that trash drops are still a thing.

EDIT:

Ok, so I did try it until I hit the "you've entered too many instances" limit.

I've now got it down to where I do all the trash up to the first boss in 3 pulls, clearing all of it in 2 minutes. I pull the first corridor (2 groups) at once, then the scorpion guys at the bottom of the stairs, and then all the rest.

Sadly however, I only got 1 drop, which was a belt that is being listed at about 20k, so at this rate it would be nowhere near worth it for me. I might still do it out of boredom and trying to get some gear for my toons and naturally if you get a lucky titanforged proc then things are completely different. For example a Warforged (880) version of the same belt has a going rate of about 200k. Whether they actually sell... who knows.

so did u kill the world quest boss??

and cool about framing the trash

The stupid thing is that the world quest boss is after the first raid boss.. couldn't even get it done with 30 of us from grp finder..

I did four runs and got three epics. Two of'em were 870, one procced to 875. This is probably better than farming herbs for me (20 toons), and if you spike a 900+ ilevel proc...
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    I did four runs and got three epics. Two of'em were 870, one procced to 875. This is probably better than farming herbs for me (20 toons), and if you spike a 900+ ilevel proc...
    Are you talking about running the entire instance?

I cleared trash up to the first boss over and over until I 'entered too many instances' and did not receive a single epic. I gave up.

Nope, I cleared trash up to the first boss each time and then reset it.

How many characters did you have? There might be a minimum number to generate BoE drops maybe?

I did a few runs with 10 chars did not get anything.

I did it on normal

Hunters/discs

I took 5, through normal.

I got plate belt x2 and one cloak.

Maybe I got lucky? I made 60k off it--Maybe I'll go back tomorrow morning and give it an hour or two and report back.